Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of America’s leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
Assistant Dean for Admissions – EMBA and Master’s Degrees
The Assistant Dean will lead the team effort to market, recruit and select students for the following 8-degree programs: Weekend Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA, MMS: FOB, MMS: DKU, MQM:BA, MsQM: BA, BAA and HA. The Assistant Dean reports to the Associate Dean for Admissions. The Assistant Dean works closely with each Program Team and is responsible for all aspects of the admissions recruitment and enrollment plans for the designated programs.
• Develop, and oversee the execution of a strategic marketing, communications and recruitment plan that will ensure full enrollment in Fuqua's EMBA, and residential and online master’s degree programs.
• Build and manage the annual operating budget of the Office of Admissions for Fuqua's EMBA and residential and online master’s degree programs.
• Oversee the establishment of application policies and procedures and coordinate the proper evaluation of applicants serving as a liaison between admissions staff and other members of the school
• Set targets and goals for evaluation, admission, and yield across EMBA and residential and online master’s degree programs, and monitor goal progression throughout the year
• Work with Associate Dean and Assistant Deans to set scholarship strategy. Manage the allocation of scholarships across EMBA and residential and online master’s degree programs
• Work with the Assistant Dean for Admissions and Associate Director of Data Analytics to leverage qualitative and quantitative data to inform recruitment and yield strategies
• Manage two direct reports and 6 indirect reports. Select a professional and support staff (full-time and part-time) and supervise training, orientation, and professional development.
• Provide leadership in the development of all admissions literature as well as other marketing and advertising materials.
• Lead market research and competitive benchmarking to inform strategies and tactics for recruitment and yield.
• Constantly review and analyze the effectiveness of all phases of the operation and revise as necessary.
• Collaborate with internal and external constituents including faculty, staff, alumni, prospective students, and potential sponsors to engage them and effect recruitment outcomes.
• Represent Fuqua brand in a speaking capacity at on- and off-campus events, and in other matters pertaining to recruitment and admissions for these programs.
• Participate, as needed, in the general functions of the office – student interviews, campus visitations, information sessions, travel, etc.
• Dedication to the mission of the school and to strengthening the school’s relationships with the internal and external community is essential to the success of the individual and the department.
• Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Admissions.
• Assist with the NKU relationship within Admissions (directly or indirectly); traveling abroad 1-3 times per year to provide consulting services
Work requires a Bachelor’s degree. Graduate degree with an MBA or Master’s in Counseling or Higher Education highly desirable.
• Minimum of 6 years' work experience required. A master's degree in a business-related field may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
• Previous management experience required
• Must have the ability to practice “state-of-the-art” marketing and recruitment strategies.
• Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and experience working with excel required
• Effective planning and excellent organizational and managerial skills required.
• Must have a good understanding of database enrollment management techniques.
• Must have polished writing and speaking skills and genuinely enjoy practicing both.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.