Job no: 498923
Department: Global Initiatives
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Advising, Counseling, Other
Status: Full Time
Job Title:Assistant Director, Miami in LuxembourgJob Summary:
Assistant Director, Miami University in Luxembourg is the United States based staff member for the Miami University Dolibois Education Center (MUDEC) in Differdange, Luxembourg. Global Initiatives at Miami University has diversity as a core value and the Assistant Director will be a member of a team that is building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty through programming which exposes constituents to a broad range of ways of engaging with the world and the diversity it presents. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the development and execution of an innovative recruitment marketing strategy to promote MUDEC to prospective diverse Miami and non-Miami student applicants, with data and analytics to support recruitment, marketing, and reporting needs and consistently meet enrollment goals.
• Administer and manage MUDEC admission processes and advising operations including academic, housing, internship, scholarships and financial aid, immigration, student orientation, health and safety, parent interactions, and re-entry programming; Develop student orientation and re-entry resources; Collaborate with embassy staff in Washington and Luxembourg as necessary.
• Lead robust faculty orientation and maintain/develop comprehensive resources for US based faculty chosen to teach at MUDEC. Administer all immigration, travel, health and medical, and other necessary processes for faculty and their families to successfully integrate into the MUDEC European living, teaching, and community experience.
• Support the MUDEC Curriculum Committee through advice and consultation, attendance at all meetings, maintaining records, and putting decisions into action. Facilitating necessary administrative tasks including development of and consulting on proposals and budgets for workshops based at MUDEC. Consult with Assistant Provost, Director of Education Abroad, and Executive Director of MUDEC on student curricular requirements, internships, potential curricular and co-curricular innovations, and cohort enrollments and development, to ensure viability and practicality.
• Support the MUDEC Alumni Advisory Board in collaboration with Alumni Relations. Coordinate and staff alumni events in the US and in Luxembourg. Support MUDEC campaign including donor events, and related programming.
• Serve as liaison between MUDEC and the registrar’s office, Liberal Education, Financial Assistance, Bursar’s office, dean of students, ethics and conflict resolution, and other university administrative entities.
• Supervisory responsibility: Provides supervision to the student Ambassador program and to the Diversity Mentors program. Functional supervision of student office employees and registration specialist for MUDEC related tasks.
• Working conditions: Requires occasional travel to Luxembourg and Europe, including staffing study tours, and evening and weekend attendance at events and programs on campus in the US and in Luxembourg. May require on call support and coverage for faculty or student assistance abroad.
Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with three years of management or administrative experience in international education; Experience studying or interning abroad, with preference for a European experience; Experience in advising students in higher education or study abroad provider setting; Ability to manage complex and multiple tasks with minimal supervision and make well informed decisions; Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations of learners and associates; Evidence of experience supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive curricular and co-curricular learning experience for students in higher education; Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Consideration may also be given to candidates with French language proficiency; Study abroad immersion experience of one year or more; Successful student recruitment experience; Experience implementing the Standards of Good Practice in Education Abroad from the Forum on Education Abroad.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Donna Gouvan [email protected]
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected]
or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications begins July 26, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 12 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time