PG191073EPInternal Recruitment :
Instructional TechnologistAnticipated Hiring Range:
$52,000 - $54,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm with flexibility; combination of on-campus and remote work, depending on business needs.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
DELTAAbout the Department:
DELTA’s role within the Office of the Provost is to advance the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs and courses, both on campus and at a distance. DELTA supports distance-based credit programs and courses for the university, and provides enterprise academic technology and instructional support services for all modes of course delivery. Working with NC State instructors and partners, DELTA leads the way in designing, creating, implementing and supporting extraordinary digital learning experiences for our community of learners. DELTA applies expertise in technologies and pedagogies to create and nurture innovative, effective and impactful digital learning experiences for our community of instructors and learners with a collaborative, service-oriented and innovative mindset.Essential Job Duties:
The Instructional Technologist reports to the Associate Director of Instructional Technology Training in DELTA. This position supports faculty, staff, and graduate students with the effective use of instructional technology. Through workshops, seminars and custom training sessions, the Instructional Technologist delivers hands-on instruction on technical capabilities as well as best practices when using instructional technology in courses.
Essential Job Duties:
- Advise faculty in the best use of instructional technology for blended and online learning.
- Develop and teach workshops on the learning technologies used widely on campus.
- Contribute to the ongoing effort to expand our DELTA Knowledge Base with high-quality
- training resources.
- Provide one-to-one user support for instructional technologies (e.g., consultations, help calls).
- Help create and maintain communication channels for campus-wide discussions of learning technologies.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Keep abreast of emerging technology applications related to the delivery of instruction through research and professional development activities
- Participate in DELTA projects and initiatives as assigned
- Serve as a member in campus-wide committees and professional groups related to teaching, learning, and area of expertise as assigned
Other Required Qualifications:
- Require post-baccalaureate credentials or a bachelor’s degree plus alternative or equivalent professional training and experience.
- Experience supporting faculty in an educational environment.
- Experience teaching workshops in an educational environment.
- Experience creating online training materials (job aids, tutorials, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and to establish collegial relationships with faculty and staff.
- Project management, including managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, and meeting milestones and deliverables.
- Knowledgeable of effective practices for blended and online learning.
- Proficient with learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Canvas).
- Proficient with web conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet).
- Proficient with G Suite for Education (e.g. Drive, Groups, etc.)
- Awareness of classroom technologies such as capture systems (Panopto) and student response tools (Top Hat).
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Master’s degree in instructional technology, training & development or a related field.
- Highly knowledgeable of universal design and accessibility best practices in online courses.
- 2+ years of experience supporting faculty in a higher education environment.
- 2+ years of experience teaching workshops in a higher education environment.
- Experience teaching instructional technology topics, such as developing course websites, facilitating online discussion, etc.
- Experience working on a help desk and providing user support.
- Expert–level knowledge of learning management systems and web conferencing tools.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
07/13/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application please submit a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for at least three (3) professional references.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
339001 - DELTAAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.