Job no: 493977Director of Athletic Development
Work type: Staff Full-time
The Director of Athletic Development will serve as a gift officer on behalf of the athletic department. This position will develop and manage a portfolio consisting of annual donors, mid major donors and prospects. The primary focus will be on identifying new prospects, cultivating current/prospective donors, soliciting annual and capital gifts as well as stewarding current/new donors along with managing the day-to-day operations and strategic planning of the Bulldog Club.
- Assist Associate Athletic Director of Development with all operational and fundraising initiatives
- Identify, prioritize, cultivate and solicit current and new annual fund prospects primarily in, but not limited to, the $1,000 to $25,000 range
- Manage a portfolio of 100 donors and prospects
- Oversee Bulldog Club renewal program, which includes email, mail, phone or in-person renewal requests
- Assist with athletic alumni engagement and team sport giving campaigns
- Partner with the Office of University Advancement to ensure compliance with all relevant University and University Advancement fundraising policies and procedures
- Assist in the management of our biggest athletic events. Butler Basketball Tip-Off Dinner & Butler Golf Classic, Corporate Golf outing, Hall of Fame and Athletic Director’s dinner
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Events with all other athletic development events
Lead role in planning, coordination and execution of annual Select-A-Seat event
- Lead person for the Priority Points System
- Maintain full knowledge and history of the points system and provide answers and suggestions to any inquiries from current/prospective season ticket holders
- Coordinate with Ticketmaster all priority point and development updates in the Archtics system
- Continue to work directly with Advancement on coordinating all priority point information and data
- Find ways to educate the season ticket base on priority points and maintain transparency
- Continue as the go-to person for Advancement staff when they receive questions about priority points -- at the same time, better educate all front-line fundraisers, so they have a working knowledge and full-understanding of the points system to better assist their donors/prospects
Identify eligible members for the Wildman Room and Efroymson Family Gym (EFG) for MBB seasonCoordinate creation of Wildman Room credentials with barcodes, assignment to donors, and mail delivery. Responsible for loading barcodes onto scanners prior to each gameIdentify all eligible season ticket holders with EFG access, work with Ticketmaster representative to flag eligible accounts in Archtics, extract and upload eligible ticket barcodes to scanners prior to each game Assist in setting up and tearing down hospitality locations before and after games
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Events with planning, coordination and execution of hospitality at men’s basketball games.
- On game-days, spend time in the Wildman Room, Efroymson Family Gym and in the arena effectively using this time to cultivate relationships with those donors/prospects in attendance
- Stewardship: Provide superior customer service through various forms of communication
- Benefit Fulfillment: coordinate the fulfillment of member benefits, such as window decals, MVP level gift, Dinner with the Athletic Director, Hinkle’s Team trip, and hospitality
- Assist in planning, coordination and execution of annual Select-A-Seat event
- Full understanding of the university’s alumni, donor, prospective donor database with the ability look-up data on specific donors, run lists of gifts and data, as well as input contact reports
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of successful fundraising or related work experience.
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding annual and major gifts.
- Working nights & weekends as needed
- Ability to communicate with donors and internal constituents both written and verbal.
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills along with Strong customer service skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously, collaboratively and within a team structure.
- Knowledge and understanding of philanthropy and fundraising principles
- Organizational skills; ability to multi-task/manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, creativity, strategic-thinking skills; willingness to take initiative and learn.
- Ability to execute face-to-face solicitations in support of organization’s mission.
- Travel related to donor visits and events as needed
- Proficiency in office software systems such as: MS Word, Office, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Preferred experience working in intercollegiate athletic fundraising.
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: July 22, 2021
Applications close: September 30, 2021