Requisition Number:31801Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Research FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:13-Jul-2021 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado’s Center for Health and Neuroscience, Genes, and Environment (CUChange) is encouraging applications for a full-time Research Assistant across two projects: one aimed at understanding the decision process by which older adults determine which cannabis product to use and assess their responses to that choice and a second to understand the role of cannabis in factors related to obesity. Both of these projects involve blood collection, so we seek a research assistant with strong phlebotomy skills. The project with older adults also involves the collection of qualitative data in individual structured interviews, thus we need someone who would be comfortable talking to participants about cannabis use. This position is well suited for a recent graduate pursuing a career or planning an advanced degree in medicine, psychology, neuroscience, integrative physiology, translational human participant research, or other biomedical research.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreWe are a motivated team that conducts transdisciplinary research exploring factors linked with the potential health risks and health benefits of Cannabis use in a number of populations. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Serve as a research assistant across projects and be a team lead for the collection of qualitative data via individual interviews.
- Conduct blood collection as needed according to study protocols.
- Assist with study participant recruitment, screening, and scheduling,
- Lead study visits including informed consent, conducting self-report tasks with study participants, and data management and quality control.
- Capable of working effectively and respectfully with participants who may have physical or cognitive limitations and who come from a variety of backgrounds, lifestyles, and personalities.
What We Can Offer$36,000 - $37,000 per year BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe Active. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree, in psychology, neuroscience, life sciences, physiology, or another related field.
- Experience conducting human participant research appointments and eligibility screenings.
- Phlebotomy experience.
What You Will Need
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively with study staff, postdoctoral researchers, undergraduates, principle investigators, and other laboratories.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Emergency medical technician (EMT) training including IV catheter certification.
- Experience in qualitative data collection (e.g., structured individual interviews).
- Experience conducting human clinical trials research and following IRB guidelines.
- REDCap project design and management.
- Experience handling biohazardous materials such as human blood, stool, and saliva samples.
- Literacy in R/RStudio, SPSS, statistical analyses.
- Wet lab experience (Extraction of peripheral blood mononuclear cells from whole blood, qPCR, real-time PCR, sandwich and bead-based ELISA, Flow Cytometry).
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- 1 Letter of Recommendation (Not Confidential)
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]