Job no: 501603
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Manager, Fitness Center
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$4,416.67 mo. - $5,079.17 mo. (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the campus fitness programming, including management of the fitness center on each campus, coordinating intramural programming, recreation activities, student staffing, etc. Provide guidance to related staff in organizing projects and events.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the purpose of community colleges and the vision of Dallas College. • Skills in technological support and delivery of student programs and services; knowledge and skill in the use of integrated software systems; and proficiency in the use of Microsoft application software.
• Advance knowledge of fitness programs and recreation planning
• Employ and deploy data-informed and results oriented initiatives
• Ability to organize projects in multitasked environment. Ability to travel locally and/or out of state. Ability to utilize computer technology to maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others.
• Ability to work effectively with ethnic, cultural, and socially and economically diverse student populations.
• Institute a robust fitness program consisting of group exercise classes, personal training, virtual opportunities, and other related fitness events.
• An appreciation of shared governance and evidence of strong ability to work effectively and collaboratively with administration, faculty, students, staff, and other constituent groups and partners, both within and outside a college or university with diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to develop and manage a comprehensive Facilities & Fitness program.
• Must have solid listening, oral and written communications to communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Provide excellent customer service to students and clients. Ability to evaluate the customer needs in order to reach objectives and goals.
• Excellent time management, and organizational and problem-solving skills.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s in related field. Official transcripts required.
• Two (2) years’ experience managing a fitness center and/or developing fitness and recreation programming.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday especially during heavy registration peak times including nights and weekends.
• Demonstrable administrative and proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required.
• Experience working with diverse student and staff populations.
• Excellent interpersonal relations skills
• ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the use of camps facilities used for campus recreation and fitness.
• Provide strategic planning and oversight for recreation and fitness programs and services that include campus intramural sports and recreation; and individual and group fitness classes/programming.
• Provide individual and group fitness assessments and develop fitness programs.
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and lead co-ops, interns, and/or volunteers who conduct programming for intramural sports, group, and individual fitness.
• Provide oversight for student and contracted staff including group fitness and class instructors, personal trainers, and interns.
• Develop and manage a budget for campus recreation and fitness facilities, and programs.
• Coordinate the review, purchase, and maintenance of equipment for campus recreation and fitness programs and facilities.
• Maintain accurate participant and program data and compile usage reports annually or as requested.
• Develop, evaluate, and revise policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure a safe and effective environment, programming, and services.
• Work with the Marketing office to plan, design, and distribute marketing pieces, website updates, etc.
• Develop and implement customer satisfaction surveys and make recommendations for continual improvement.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other job duties as required.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 12 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time