Job no: 501585
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Senior Director, Development
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$110,000 yr - $126,500 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Leads individual donor and foundation cultivation and development on behalf of Dallas College; ensures that development strategies and activities align with the strategic priorities of Dallas College Foundation and Dallas College.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of and relationships with the philanthropic community in the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, the state of Texas, and nationally.
· Creativity to develop and implement new strategies and procedures in order to achieve development goals.
· Knowledge of key issues and subjects related to philanthropy, higher education, community colleges, economic mobility, workforce development and other subject matters that are important to donors and other key stakeholders.
· Familiarity with applicable fundraising laws, regulations and requirements and their impact on compliance; institutes necessary procedures, policies, and practices to comply with applicable fundraising laws, regulations, and requirements.
· Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College and philanthropic communities.
· Ability to collaborate with diverse Dallas College leadership and/or stakeholders.
· Well-developed management and supervisory skills that provide leadership and direction to key areas of oversight.
· Ability to deftly manage group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
· Understands customer relationship management and understands how to deliver the highest-quality customer experience to all stakeholders, especially foundations and other donors.
· Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and similar customer relationship management software is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus 8-10 years of professional experience in related field(s), including at least 5-7 years of direct development experience. Official transcripts are required. Current and valid Texas driver’s license required from offsite travel.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as the Dallas College Foundation’s primary liaison to the philanthropic community and to specific high-priority donors and foundations.
· Develops and implements a creative and comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors, as well as maintain engagement with current donor base support.
· Manages a team of donor relations specialists, development associates and other development employees and consultants.
· Stays abreast of new trends in technology and best practices in the field of development, as well as the fields of higher education, workforce development, and other relevant subject matters.
· Develops solicitation-tracking schedules to ensure appropriate, timely solicitation and closure of pledges and asks. This may include but is not limited to:
o Launching, managing, tracking, and reporting on the annual employee giving campaign, including coordination with Dallas College campuses.
o Managing donor societies and affinity groups, and the promotion of employee, individual and community giving programs.
o Working across teams to develop scholarship policies and procedures that preserve donor interests while remaining in compliance with financial and federal aid policies.
· Maintains high ethical standards and adherence to applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Executive Director, Foundation
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 6 Aug 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time