Job no: 501579
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Deputy Director, Foundation
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$110,000.00 - $126,500.00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Responsible for managing key internal and external foundation stakeholders and events, oversees Foundation’s campus support activities, fosters a strong, collaborative culture within Dallas College Foundation.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience enhancing the college’s relationship with external customers.
• Knowledge of college and foundation policies and compliance procedures.
• Understanding of what is required to create a collaborative, high-performing non-profit that encourages and takes advantage of diverse viewpoints and backgrounds.
• Well-developed management and supervisory skills that provide leadership and direction to key areas of oversight.
• Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
• Embraces diverse viewpoints and works with colleagues in a spirit of partnership and transparency.
• A highly energetic, motivated self-starter with the creative drive to generate new ideas and strategies that help to build a dynamic and effective Foundation team.
• Builds positive and effective relationships and teams internally and with key Foundation stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly diligent about time and project management; works independently and effectively prioritizes workload.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Thinks strategically; develops options to address foundation needs and solve problems.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree or higher and four (4) years of related experience as an administrator, plus demonstrated experience in a significant combination of the areas of responsibility described in this job description, including supervision. Official transcripts are required. Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel. *** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ******
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with Executive Director to develop and update Dallas College Foundation’s strategy and manage staff, including building and nurturing a professional, equitable and high-performing office culture.
• Liaises with Chancellor’s Office and other senior leaders at Dallas College on behalf of Dallas College Foundation.
• Engages with major funders, board members and other VIPs on an as-needed basis
• Contributes to the Foundation’s Development and Finance teams when they need outside support or support from internal decision-makers.
• Oversees office operations, including:
o Designs and oversees the administration of systems that make the office operate more effectively and efficiently.
o Oversees individuals responsible for office logistics and technology.
o Ensures high-quality and effective special events and presentations for key audiences and VIPs
• Leads special projects as they arise.
• Supervises two or more full-time employees.
• Maintains the highest ethical standards and adherence to applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Completes required Dallas College professional development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 09 Jul 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Jul 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time