Cloud SysOps AdministratorPosition Number:
PTAA - Professional/Tech/Admin AssocPay Grade Level:
14Pay Grade Range:
Salary commensurate with education and experience.Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Info Tech ServicesContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Duties and Responsibilities:
This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by August 9, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by September 20, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (September 20, 2021) may not be given full consideration.
Plan, design, implement, operate, monitor, and support technical solutions relating to the cloud needs of the University. Work independently and collaboratively within Information Technology Services and across units of the University as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administer cloud servers and systems, primarily Linux, secondarily Windows and other systems.
Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, performance monitoring, cost monitoring, and analysis of cloud infrastructure and systems.
Plan, execute, facilitate, and/or support projects and staff relating to the transition and/or migration of non-cloud resources into cloud services, both within Information Technology Services and for other University staff and organizations.
Provision, configure, monitor, and maintain cloud infrastructure and security access, both via the web consoles, infrastructure-as-code, and other automation tools.
Build and maintain operational and tools for backups and disaster recovery of cloud resources.
Produce and maintain documentation and records relevant to the areas of responsibility.
Troubleshoot cloud resources and assist with troubleshooting cloud-dependent services as needed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work independently and collaboratively as needed.
Analyze and troubleshoot all issues.
Show initiative, leadership, and coordinate efforts where needed.
Follow and/or establish best practices in all technical areas, such as server administration, cloud security, cost and performance monitoring, and cloud infrastructure.
Maintain proficiency in server administration, cloud sysadmin, and cloud devops technologies and practices. Research and evaluate existing and future cloud technology and services with respect to their applicability to the University.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Must be proficient in the use, terminology, and practices to do with various software, web-based management consoles, computer workstations and servers.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum of four years of experience in any of the following: computer systems, server administration, cloud technology, sysops, and/or devops engineering (i.e. experience may have been gained through work experience, engagement with professional development opportunities, and/or applied experience in the course of education or independent entrepreneurial activities).
3. Demonstrated experience in Linux server administration.
4. Demonstrated experience in the use of cloud services (such as AWS, Azure, GCP, or OCI).
5. Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and fluency of networking.
6. Demonstrated knowledge, understanding, and fluency of security principles.
7. Demonstrated ability to learn and use a wide variety of technologies and tools.
8. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Demonstrated experience in Windows server/system administration.
2. Demonstrated experience in the administration and management of cloud services (such as with AWS Control Tower).
3. Demonstrated experience and fluency in networking, security, high-availability, and disaster
recovery concepts as they relate to cloud platforms.
4. Demonstrated experience in large-scale deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of computing infrastructure (such as with automation and deployment tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet).
5. Demonstrated experience in production and maintenance of technical documentation, both for internal users, as well as for external communication.
6. Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively and/or across functional teams.
7. Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating, and implementing technical projects and initiatives.
8. Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively and coordinating with non-technical staff.
9. Demonstrated experience in coordinating with vendors and other third-parties.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
06/28/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).