The Housing and Residential Education staff at the University of Denver provides housing and support services for 2900+ students living within University housing. Housing and Residential Education strives for a community that supports academic achievement and success, personal growth and development, a respectful and inclusive environment which promotes diversity, promotes community service, and fosters leadership development and an engaged staff and student.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Residential Operations, the Assistant Director performs a variety of housing operations, such as application management, occupancy management, assignment and change processes, billing, accommodations process, and contract release. The Assistant Director provides strategic direction in the development, implementation, and ongoing analysis of existing and future HRE housing management systems and accompanying policies and procedures. The Assistant Director will enhance business practices by maximizing housing management system functionality and conducting quality assurance audits of housing applications; student portal functionality; and billing, assignments, meal plan, and housing inventory functions. The Assistant Director coordinates data management needs through system development and report generation. In addition to the essential duties listed, the AD collaborates with colleagues to provide overall vision and leadership in the development of a robust academic and social environment for residents, while creating and maintaining a high level of safety, security, and well-being for all residents.
- Designs and manages all aspects of the housing assignments and occupancy related modules and functionality in StarRez (housing management software system) and leverages the software to reduce manual operations and increase efficiency.
- Maintains, configures, and tests current/future system applications and functions by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts; studying system capabilities; and writing specifications.
- Maintains and administers housing processes, such as, room change, check-in/check-out, housing release and breakage process, move-in appointments, and vacancies.
- Responsible for the accurate administration of student account billing.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of professional & graduate staff.
- Assist in the departmental training of professional and student staff.
- Masters Degree in Student Affairs/College Personnel, Business, or a related area of study.
- Two-four years of post-Master work experience within residence life as well as someone who has demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability and ability to work effectively with staff and students.
- Demonstrated record of building teams and collaborative partnerships with colleagues and key stakeholder groups.
- Experience designing trainings for and with diverse student and employee populations, and a demonstrated commitment to equity and social justice.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evening office hours and occasional weekend commitments are expected.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, July 28th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.