PROJECT MANAGER, School of Medicine, Microbiology Tracking Code3773 Job Description
The group of Anthony Griffiths at Boston University / National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratories (NEIDL) is seeking an experienced and motivated project manager to support development of animal models of infectious disease and evaluation of potential vaccines and therapeutics for viral diseases including Ebola and Marburg viruses as well as SARS-CoV2. Supports multiple concurrent projects depending on program needs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintains research plans and timelines and coordinates with internal and external collaborators to meet project/program goals
- Collaborates with leads (PI/Study Directors) to help develop plans, facilitate team communication and organization
- Proactively manages risk and prepares and maintains project plans, objectives, activities and timelines, and key deliverables
- Prepares and maintains project budgets and/or assists in tracking budgets
- Supports leads (PI/Study Directors) and project teams by assisting with day-to-day activities, including facilitating internal and external meetings, preparing agendas and meeting minutes, presentations, and defining and resolving action items.
- Maintains visibility and accounting of status and timelines for projects, studies, nonclinical study reports, publications and other key activities or deliverables as required to support the PI/Study Directors and meet project/program objectives.
- Provides regular updates on project/program status, escalation of key risks and communication of changes to timeline, budget, or resource requirements to PI/Study Directors
The successful candidate will have a BS degree in a related scientific field with 8+ years of experience or an MS degree with 5+ years of relevant experience and have a proven track record of successful project management experience supporting programs focused on development of therapeutics or vaccines against viral or bacterial pathogens. They will have strong leadership and critical thinking abilities and excellent written and presentation communication skills. The candidate will have strong knowledge of project management tools and timeline visualization software (e.g., MS Project). Preferred candidates will have laboratory experience in an academic, government or biotechnology setting and/or regulatory/clinical experience and project/program management training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular