Bard Early College NetworkProgram Associate (Bard Early Colleges, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90342
The Bard Early Colleges (BEC) are founded on the belief that many high school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. The Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. The Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic support.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 3,000 students in campuses in NYC; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Hudson, New York. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.
Bard invites applications for a creative, proactive, and mission-driven individual who will join our administrative team as a Program Associate.Position Overview:
The Program Associate will strengthen the Bard Early Colleges network through support of current and new initiatives in academic programming, communications, and events. This position will primarily provide administrative and project management support of initiatives across the network of BEC schools and programs. By facilitating new structures for collaboration, new events, and essential coordination across the Bard Early College schools, the Program Associate will strengthen Bard Early College’s growth and impact on young people.
This position is based on the Bard College campus in Annandale-on-Hudson, NY. The Program Associate will be supervised by both the Dean and the Executive Director of the Bard Early Colleges. The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and religion.Duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide project management and support for existing and new initiatives across the BEC network, including campus creation and program development
- Support the development of network-wide academic resources for the BEC network
- Provide support for the submittal of licensure applications for the various BEC campuses
- Provide research and writing support to the Dean and to the Executive Director
- Develop and edit network-wide newsletters
- Post content on the primary BEC social media sites (Twitter and Facebook)
- Maintain up-to-date information on network websites, as well as in course catalogues
- Coordinate convenings, events, and ceremonies, including (but not limited to) the Principals’ Summit, Dean and Faculty meetings, Bard Early College Board of Governors meetings, parent and alumni/ae engagement events, and various matriculation and commencement ceremonies across the Bard Early College (BEC) network of schools and programs
- Handle event logistics, including securing contracts for presenters and event space, managing invitations and RSVPs, preparing presentation materials, setting up event space, and collecting feedback
While salary will be commensurate with experience, the expected range is between $45,000 and $55,000 annually.
Location:Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
Expected start Date: August or September, 2021Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position will possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of professional experience preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Responsive and reliable, with strong project management and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multi-faceted, team-oriented environment, as well as the ability to work independently
- Close attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort with more than one supervisor and constructive participation in a dynamic organization
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and provide 3 references through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/90342
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.