Bard High School Early College ManhattanPT or FT Theater Instructor (Bard High School Early College Manhattan)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90341
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Manhattan, a partnership of Bard College and the New York City Department of Education (NYDOE), invites applications for a full or part-time leave replacement position in Theater for the 2021-22 academic year. BHSEC, a national model in the field of public school reform, enables talented and highly motivated students to move in four years from the ninth grade through the first two years of college, earning an associate of arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College as well as a New York State Regents diploma. The academic program emphasizes small class size and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal arts environment.Responsibilities
- Develop and teach courses in basic and advanced Theater for 9th and 10th grade students, and a production course for college students
- Direct a full-length college production each semester
- Coach students in preparation for college and/or extracurricular auditions
- Manage the theater budget and hire designers necessary for productions
- Maintain the inventory, care, and loan of costumes, props, and set pieces
- Collaborate with arts faculty in preparation for multi-disciplinary performances
- Contribute to the life of the community, including advising students and serving on committees
The Arts Department seeks a faculty member with advanced training in theater, terminal degree in arts preferred, to sustain a rigorous theater program for students in grades 9-12 at BHSEC. The position will be full or part time depending on candidate’s qualifications and overall budgetary considerations. The successful candidate will have an established record of professional activity and accomplishment in theater, as well as college level and/or high school teaching experience.Application Instructions
To apply, please upload a CV to the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/90341
Review of applications begins immediately and will proceed until the position is filled.Questions:
If you have a question about the position, please direct them to [email protected]
. Please include your name and “Question about Theater Position” in the subject line of the email.
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. Women and members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.