Employment Status:Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Type of Employment:Staff
# of openings:1
Proposed Salary Range:$23,227.00
Please note: All postings close at 12 A.M. CST on the closing date. A-State participates in E-Verify.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for operating light equipment and maintenance and service of equipment used in the upkeep of grounds and facilities.
This position is governed by state and federal laws and institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This posting is open for continued recruitment of individuals seeking employment for the position of Equipment Operator. This pool position allows applicants to be considered for every Equipment Operator position that becomes available.
- Operates equipment, such as tractors, mowers, weed eaters, edges, chainsaws, blowers, trimmers, and other grounds equipment
- Operates trucks, tractors, pumps, compressors, rollers, and other mechanized equipment
- Checks, services, and assists in making minor and emergency adjustments and repairs in the field and in the repair shop
- Performs preventive maintenance and service equipment by cleaning, filling with gas, changing oil, greasing and sharpening blades as needed, and performing minor repairs
- Assists with grounds and landscaping by maintaining flower beds, mowing lawns, trimming shrubbery, pruning trees, sodden lawns, and picking up and removing litter
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge of the operation and safety procedures of various types of construction and maintenance equipment and operations and procedures and of the proper use of mechanized equipment
Ability to operate and analyze problems in the operation and performance of routine maintenance on various types of equipment, understand and carry out oral and written directions and explanations and demonstrations, and maintain simple records of operation and maintenance schedules
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Please note: all position postings close at 12:00 A.M. CST on the position closing date
This position is considered Essential Personnel with Facilities Management
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Preferred to possess a valid Driver's License
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee
E-Verify Participation Notice:
E-Verify Right to Work: