DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusCancer CenterClinical Research SupervisorResearch Services Program Manager (2485)Cancer Clinical Trials OfficePosition #00696083 Requisition #22063This position is open to current CU employees only
The University of Colorado (CU) Cancer Center headquartered at the Anschutz Medical Campus and part of the CU School of Medicine. It is Colorado’s only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center
, a distinction recognizing its outstanding contributions to research, clinical trials, prevention and cancer control. CU Cancer Center’s clinical care sites are UCHealth, University of Colorado Hospital and Children’s Hospital Colorado are ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report
. The CU Cancer Center is a member of the prestigious National Comprehensive Cancer Network
®, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers working to establish and deliver the gold standard in cancer clinical guidelines. CU Cancer Center also is a member of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network
(ORIEN), a unique research partnership among North America’s top cancer centers leveraging multiple data sources and matching patients to targeted treatments. CU Cancer Center includes six institutional partners made up of approximately 300 researchers and physicians at three state universities and three healthcare delivery institutions.The CU Cancer Center’s vision is to “prevent and conquer cancer. Together.
” We do this through our mission statement of “uniting our community to overcome cancer through innovation, discovery, prevention, early detection, multidisciplinary care and education.”The Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) is looking to hire a full time Clinical Research Supervisor. This position oversees clinical studies performed at the CU Cancer Center and directly supervises the clinical research staff.Supervision Exercised
This individual is responsible for the supervision, discipline, and evaluation of all members with her/his designated clinical research team(s). Examples of Work Performed
Salary and Benefits:
- Arranges orientation and provides training, supervision and leadership to the clinical research staff.
- Assigns patient and trials to staff with guidance from Clinical Research Manager.
- Supervises team vacation, out of office coverage, time management of direct reports.
- Monitors workload acuity with guidance from Clinical Research Manager. Assists clinical research staff with technical issues, problem solving and intervention when appropriate; delegates responsibility for elements of the conduct of selected clinical trials. Answers questions from clinical team including but not limited to study protocols, patient concerns, eligibility, scheduling conflicts, and department logistics.Acts as an interdepartmental liaison with UCH clinic staff (i.e. investigators, nurses, clinic support staff, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology). Plans and directs investigator and coordinator meetings including but not limited to team meetings, initial orientations, study audits, and closeout visits. Makes recommendations regarding clinical research personnel issues, including hiring decisions, performance evaluations, counseling, and disciplinary actions with guidance from Clinical Research Manager. This would include letters of expectations being written and delivered to direct reports.Work with finance team members to resolve discrepancies and to review account balances on a regular basis.Participate in external audits and internal process improvement strategies to promote consistent best practices.Participates in reviewing and tracking deviation trends leading to review of processes.
- Assures compliance with all protocol details which includes ensuring the capture of all data points requested on a protocol-specific basis and ensuring that tests and procedures required by clinical protocols are performed and documented
- Assures compliance with OnCore entries ensuring that accuracy is maintained.
- Performs quality assurance checks by reviewing patient shadow charts, monitor letters, audit results.
- Maintains responsibility of the direct reports Profile Form and Delegation of Authority log oversight.
- Assists in completion of Internal Protocol Amendment Review forms
- Helps with amendment treatment plans through the UCHealth Beacon process and works with assigned RN for completion.
- Collaborates with OCRST, Oncology Clinical Research Support team on Investigator Initiated trials
- Serves as primary clinical research coordinator and may carry a patient load as needed for team coverage and understanding of clinical tasks and job functions.Performs additional duties as assigned by clinical manager and/or clinical operations director.
The starting salary range for this position begins at $60,446 - $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Bachelor’s degree with a preferred emphasis in business, health administration, communications, biological or social science, or any other field of study related to the work assignment. Closely related experience in a medical, clinical, research or clinical research environment may substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis.2 years of clinical research experience and 1 year of clinical and/or research experienceConditions of Employment
Certification required within 1 year of hire (one of the below):
- CCRC – Certified Clinical Research Coordinator
- CCRP – Certified Clinical Research ProfessionalCCRA – Certified Clinical Research Associate
Four (4) years of clinical and/or clinical research experience. One year of oncology researchPersonnel management experienceExperience serving as a primary coordinator for clinical trialsExperience teaching, orienting and mentoring new employees to clinical researchExperience assisting in the development of policy, procedure or patient education materials related to clinical researchKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of basic human anatomy, physiology, medical terminologyAdvanced knowledge of GCP, FDA Rules and Regulations in relation to clinical trials, NIH guidelines, ICH guidelines and HIPAA regulations in relation to clinical trials, and NCI common toxicity definitionsProficient with Clinical Research Coordinator III duties/responsibilitiesExcellent interpersonal and customer service skillsExcellent oral and written communication skillsOrganization and time management skillsLeadership abilitiesUnderstands the phases and concepts of clinical trials and the overall philosophies of conducting cooperative group research as they differ with National Cancer Institute (NCI) sponsored, private industry and investigator initiated clinical trialsDemonstrates the quick ability to learn, interpret and master complex protocol information.Job Category:
Research ServicesPrimary Location:
Jul 13, 2021Unposting Date: