University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical CampusHuman Resources Professional Employee Relations & PerformancePosition # 00213342 | Requisition # 21980* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Human Resources Professional position. This position does have the ability to work remotely.
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Position Emphasis:
Salary and Benefits:
- Manages unemployment process to include gathering and submitting data, identifying individuals with key information to provide statements in the process and participate in the hearings.
- Manage student position posting process for Departments serviced by Central Human Resources.
- Manage 9-month Temporary position posting process for Departments serviced by Central Human Resources.
- Follows established procedures and policies to ensure HCM system entries are made in a timely manner.
- Participate in the interactive process with employees and appointing authority for alternative work arrangements.
- Review employee requests for religious and medical vaccination exemptions.
- Review and process approvals for Parental Leaves and, manage tracking data.
The hiring range for this position has been established a at $49,681-$63,194.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional level experience relevant to the above duties.Substitution:
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications.
- Experience with HCM (Human Capital Management)/HRIS system.
- Experience with Equifax unemployment claims process.
- Familiarity with Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) legislation and administration and the unemployment process.
- Experience which included working with HRIS systems including system navigation and approvals.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and sensitive HR situations.
- Experience in an institution of higher education.
- Experience in human resource management in higher education
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
Jul 13, 2021Unposting Date: