University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Kempe Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
Instructor, MST Expert
Position #785639 – Requisition #21939
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Kempe Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect has an opening for two full-time Instructors.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Kempe is a world leader in the prevention and treatment of child abuse and neglect. We bring together leading research and treatment professionals, policy makers and community members to make sure every child has the opportunity to develop and grow in a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. The MST Program at the Kempe Center is seeking a Multisystemic Therapy (MST) Expert who will train, support, and guide MST programs to help them effectively implement the Multisystemic Therapy treatment model. An MST Expert will provide training and guidance in the theory and application of MST to personnel involved with the MST program and who hold a variety of positions including clinicians, supervisors, administrators, and policy makers. With the direct support of an MST coach and or MST Co-Director(s), the MST expert will provide to assigned MST programs weekly telephone consultation, ongoing training to the MST therapists and supervisors, and support regarding organizational and systems issues. MST expert positions may work remotely and travel extensively.This full-time benefited is reliant on contract funding. The position will be renewed annually based on available funds. This individual in this position is eligible to work remotely and has regular travel requirements. Relocation is not required for this position.Examples of Work Performed:
- Maintains expert knowledge of MST and its component parts. Engages in ongoing QA of expert's work and professional development processes with MST coach and the Network Partner Director.
- Provides weekly consultation for up to 10 teams implementing MST.
- Provides training and support to MST supervisors and therapists on a regular and ongoing basis, documenting training and support activities via written development plans.
- Conducts portions of Multisystemic Therapy Orientation Training and Advanced Supervisor Workshops, as assigned.
- Determines additional training needs of MST supervisors and teams. Coordinates quarterly booster training including scheduling, preparation of materials, communication with customer personnel regarding training logistics, and facilitating all activities required to successfully complete training and evaluation. Serves as a resource to supervisors and therapists for additional materials relevant to their training needs regarding research-proven interventions.
- Engages in initial start-up and ongoing Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement activities with each team. With support, assesses strengths and needs, and develops plans to address needs at the level of provider and community systems that impact the functioning of the MST program, including via Program Implementation Reviews (PIRs).
- Provide team coverage for other MST Experts in the Network when needed.
- Organize and participate in calls with NP Director, MST Co-Director(s) and agency sites as needed.
- Ability to work remotely (relocation is not required)
- Travel of 35% to 50% of work time. Note: travel not required during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
Salary and Benefits:
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $60,000 to $66,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Master’s Degree in psychology, Social Work, counseling, or related field
- Formal training in MST
Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background checkPreferred Qualifications:
- Prior experience teaching professionals or graduate students preferable
- Prior experience providing community-based and home-based service delivery using systemic approaches to treatment preferable
- Demonstrated ability to teach and make effective public presentations
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hireJob Category:
- Clinical competence in family therapy, behavior therapy, and child development
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with research literature on the causes, correlates, and treatments of delinquency desirable
- The MST Expert will be expected to perform with self-disciplined independence in an environment of ongoing accountability
- Strong leadership skills, approaches work with integrity and open to continuous learning
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities
Jul 13, 2021Unposting Date: