UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Student Assistant - Office of Career and Professional Development (OCPD)Department:
DAL-CoL-Academic Affairs-517200Job Location:
Downtown DallasFull Time/Part Time:
$12.00 per hourSalary Information:
$12.00 per hourDepartment Summary:
The Office of Career and Professional Development offers resources to law students that will help them effectively utilize their law degree as they navigate a changing job market. This student hourly position will provide immediate and comprehensive support to the OCPD.Position Summary:
The Student Assistant supports the Assistant Dean, Assistant Director and the Senior Administrative Assistant. The duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a wide variety of paraprofessional staff duties related to the coordination and production of student events, programs, publications, special services, data collection and other related functions.
- Provides support on a variety of tasks which may include data entry and recordkeeping;
- Professionally represent the Office of Career and Professional Development both in-office and on campus providing customer service.
- Create flyers for workshops and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT, or HSC student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
- Proficient in CANVA and Microsoft Office software.
- Previous office support experience.
Driving University Vehicle:
- Required to work at least 3 days per week, morning, lunch and afternoon shifts available;
- Required to work at a 3-hour block of time at least 3 times a week.
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu137HPPosition End Date (if temporary):
12/17/2021Quicklink for Posting: