UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Student Assistant- Disability ServicesDepartment:
DAL-Disability Services-520010Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
The Office of Disability Services at the University of North Texas at Dallas seeks to empower students to manage challenges and limitations imposed by disabilities. Our services aim to provide students with exceptional services as they transition to college or continue their studies. The office serves students with learning, physical, health, or psychiatric disabilities in managing the varying demands of the University experience. In addition to serving students, we assist the University community in making programs, services, and activities accessible for everyone.Position Summary:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Minimum Qualifications:
• Create posters for events with Disability
• Check and respond to Disability Services email
• Greet and appropriately direct visitors to the Disability Services Office.
• Provide excellent customer service
• Schedule appointments for Disability Services staff
• Proctor/scribe exams for students with disabilities
• Manage room reservation process
• Create and disseminate marketing materials
• Effectively manage security sensitive/confidential information
• Answer Disability Services Office incoming phone calls
• Set up materials for programs and events (including making copies, assembling packets for workshops, fairs, and events)
• Input Disability Services student demographic information and service utilization
• Organize and create an inventory of supplies
• All other duties as assigned
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
- Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
- Responsible, reliable and punctual.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
Minimum 2.5 GPAWork Schedule:
Maximum of 19 hours per week scheduled between: 8:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu134HPQuicklink for Posting: