UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students. Posting Title:
Student Assistant- Note Taker/Disability Services Department:
DAL-Disability Services-520010Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
The Office of Disability Services at the University of North Texas at Dallas seeks to empower students to manage challenges and limitations imposed by disabilities. Our services aim to provide students with exceptional services as they transition to college or continue their studies. The office serves students with learning, physical, health, or psychiatric disabilities in managing the varying demands of the University experience. In addition to serving students, we assist the University community in making programs, services, and activities accessible for everyone.Position Summary:
Note Takers provide note-taking support to eligible students with disabilities studying at the
Dallas. Note Takers will attend assigned classes, take notes in accordance with supervisor’s instructions, and submit a copy of the notes to supervisors within 48 hours of each class.
EXAMPLES OF WORKMinimum Qualifications:
• Attend all assigned classes.
• Take detailed class notes in accordance with supervisor’s instructions and provide notes to supervisor by a strict deadline.
• Communicate regularly with supervisor to ensure services are adequately provided to eligible students.
• Serve as a proctor for students taking exams.
• Convert all class notes into the appropriate format as determined by the supervisor.
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following: Preferred Qualifications:
• Skilled in rapid and accurate note taking.
• No less than a 2.75 grade point average in the semester immediately preceding application for the position of note taker, and shall have no less than a 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
• Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
• Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from vary in educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual.
• Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
• Student must be enrolled in the courses currently being attended by the student with disability requiring note taking.
Completed a minimum of 30 credit hours toward a bachelor’s degree.Work Schedule:
This position may work day or evening hours Monday – Sunday based on academic schedule.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or HearPosting Number:
Stu133HPQuicklink for Posting: