Job no: 517286
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Health Profession, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:29141710 - MD-SURGERY-TCV-CARDIOVASC
Clinical Research Coordinator II
This position is a study coordinator for the Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery Research. Responsible for assisting the Clinical Research Coordinator III with the management of clinical research programs within the Cardiovascular Surgery division.
This position will perform the following duties:
- Performs subject screening and consent for clinical protocols as directed by the Principal Investigator.
- Interacts regularly with Principal Investigators to review patient records for medical results.
- Corresponds with referring physicians, patients, patient families, nursing staff, pharmacists, patient coordinators and other staff regarding research protocols.
- Isolates blood and tissue components as directed.
- Collects and ships specimens as directed.
- Implements patient care activities as assigned according to guidelines and under the supervisor of the Principle Investigator.
- Coordinates patient reimbursement for study participation when appropriate.
- Examine medical records. Collect follow-up data from hospital charts, assessments, and clinic visits.
- Oversees the IRB process, including the creation, coordination and/or development of research protocols, informed consents and introductory questionnaires for IRB submission.
- Assist PIs with coordinating and developing research project budgets, calculating personnel and facilities costs with the Manager of Clinical Research.
- Subject enrollment and patient follow-up for projects.
- Any other duties, as needed, to fulfill the mission and to abide by the values of the College of Medicine.
$51,000-$57,000 per year
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in cardiovascular research is preferred.
- SOCRA certification is preferred.
- Knowledge regarding IRB procedures, forms, and approval process.
- Ability to communicate information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to type letters, memorandums, and other standard business documents in correct format.
- Ability to operate general office equipment.
- Ability to communicate with patients, their parents and family.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3-5 professional references with contact information.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 12 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time