Job no: 517358
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:21040000 - CFO-SHARED SERVICE CENTER
Business Administration Specialist II
The Business Administration Specialist II provides excellent customer service using high-level expertise executing complex human resources and fiscal transactions efficiently. The position requires independent judgment, initiative, and the ability to coordinate a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment. The Business Administration Specialist II serves approximately 29 units by providing support in monitoring, processing, reviewing, and approving transactional activities relating to all fiscal processes (PCard, myUF Market, Travel, E2E, E2R, Retro’s), human resources, and commitment accounting (KK to GL reconciliation, and commitments ledger). The employee in this position must enjoy working in a team and have superior customer service skills working with internal and external clients and when representing the University of Florida.
Examples of Work (These are not all inclusive, nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed):
- Prepares and reviews the submission and approval of human resources transactions, including recruitment, hires, position updates and reclassifications, Special Pay Increases, terminations, retirement, leave cash outs, and additional pay, etc.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for time and labor processes of the unit as needed. Works with department supervisors and UF Leave Administration on complex leave issues.
- Reviews and prepares the allocation and verifies the accuracy of commitment accounting for faculty, staff, post docs, fellows, graduate students, student assistants, and OPS.
- May coordinate the employee performance appraisal process by sending reminders and providing other administrative support.
- Provides administrative support services to departments/centers and foreign nationals as they relate to processes associated with sponsorship of exchange visitors, temporary workers and employment-based permanent residents.
- Reviews and prepares all voucher and journal entries for accuracy.
- Processes and provides oversight for travel authorization and expense reports.
- Responsible for assisting or filling in for SSC Specialists for fiscal or HR/payroll transaction services as needed to cover for other team members’ absences and/or increased volume to insure seamless continuity of service to customers. May also temporarily assist or fill in for financial, administrative or HR staff at the customer’s site when short term vacancies exist. Depending upon the customer’s area of need, works with customer’s management to initiate transactions and/or assist faculty and staff.
- Maintains effective business relationships with college and university core offices. Serves as liaison between the unit and Human Resource Services, Academic Personnel, Payroll, Purchasing Services, Disbursement Services or General Accounting.
$16.25 - $18.00 hourly; commensurate with education and experience.
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Preferred Qualifications:Critical thinking skills.Knowledge of myUFL as it relates to all fiscal functions, human resource transactions, payroll, travel, grants, account reconciliations and monthly budgetary reporting. (ePAF, retros, payroll distribution, myUF Market, PCard, running queries in myUFL).Excellent customer service. Professional attitude which is conveyed in all interactions, communications and appearance.Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize, manage, and multitask in a fast paced environment. Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Hyperion. Work well in team environment. Self-motivated. Excellent judgment and decision making ability. Work independently with demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to details. Knowledge of and experience with university and state regulations regarding fiscal, budget, and human resources matters.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume and list of professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 09 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 19 Sep 2021 Eastern Daylight Time