Job location: Commerce TAMUC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R-039693 Job Title
Administrative Associate IIIAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Educational Certification & Academic ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Administrative Associate III, under general supervision, provides routine administrative support work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs word processing, desktop publishing, presentation, and data management activities, and assists staff with the use of these applications. Composes correspondence, reports, publications, and presentations, including editing and proofreading.
- Assists the Field Based Coordinator with tasks including, but not limited to, processing program applications.
- Researches and analyzes administrative requirements for specific certification programs or projects. Provides technical information regarding application and program procedures.
- Applies, interprets, and communicates policies and procedures with students, faculty, and staff. Serves as a resource for answering questions regarding certification policies.
- Maintains a variety of fiscal, administrative, and academic records including internship fee invoicing and collection, departmental deposits, and mentor/supervisor contracts.
- Monitors and provides information on the department budget to the department head.
- Makes arrangements for meetings, appointments, conferences, and travel. May setup meetings, seminars, and other special events to include facilities, equipment and food.
- Maintains office supplies, equipment and inventory. Prepares / orders materials and documents for mentors, supervisors and certification candidates. Updates contact lists for mentors, supervisors and public school contacts annually.
- May participate in the hiring training, and supervision of student workers and other support staff.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Three (3) years of related experience. Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Degree Preferred. Prior experience in higher education. Knowledge of Banner, Workday, Laserfiche.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.