Accounting/Finance Associate🔍School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, United States
📁Finance📅Jul 13, 2021 Post Date📅90396 Requisition #Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the world’s leading teaching and research Universities. Stanford is dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world. Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000, which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values, innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.The Department of Anesthesiology, Pain and Perioperative Medicine is seeking an Accounting/Finance Associate to provide finance-related support to accounting and finance functions. The position is responsible for financial for financial operations and reimbursement processes, financial transactions related to research administration, and is a key resource for faculty and staff regarding related policy and procedures. Incumbent will work with minimum supervision, research discrepancies and implement solutions.Duties Include:
* Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for P-card and T-card administration as well as expense reimbursements.
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance.
- Process labor distribution adjustments
- Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.
- May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.
- Participate in new initiatives, as needed such as user testing.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with University policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Finance Manager
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Accounting/Finance experience in an academic setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years' work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4440
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 90396