Posted with Limited Access:
Assistant Men's Ice Hockey CoachPosting Number:
Full-timeTypical Hours Per Week:
40Regular, Temporary or Term:
Middlebury, VT CampusHire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening:
Criminal Background CheckPosition Summary:
Works closely with the head Ice Hockey Coach in all aspects of the ice hockey program. As the primary assistant coach, has significant positional coaching responsibility, as well as editing and analyzing video, mentoring student-athletes, and recruiting qualified student-athletes within Middlebury College, NESCAC and NCAA rules.Essential Functions:
Assists head coach in all aspects of the ice hockey program including but not limited to coaching, recruiting, scheduling, program administration, and budgeting.General Responsibilities:
• May teach as an Instructor in the Physical Education program. Education:
• Assist as needed with Event Management in the winter and spring seasons
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor’s degree required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of ice hockey skills and strategy and the ability to effectively communicate these to student-athletes. Experience:
• Applicants must possess proven, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a diverse community of faculty, staff, students and prospective students and their families.
• The ability to work in a collaborative team environment with student-athletes, coaches, administrators.
• Working knowledge of NESCAC and NCAA rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
• Administrative skills such as organization and prioritization.
• Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification must be maintained.
• Strength and Conditioning certification or willingness to obtain is preferred
Demonstrated effectiveness in coaching ice hockey is required. Coaching experience at the collegiate level is preferred.Physical Demands:
Requires significant amount of time on ice skates at practice. Open Until Filled:
Significant travel requirements.