We appreciate your interest in Hussian College, Inc. employment opportunities.
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
-Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
-Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
Temporary remote position until mid October 2020
Job Summary: Hussian College is seeking part-time adjunct Instructor to teach classes in our BFA program, with concentrations of Graphic Design and Visual Communications course offerings. We are looking for candidates to teach daytime sections of Illustration Concentration, graphic design based classes. These courses are part of the BFA degree and qualified candidates must demonstrate a strong emphasis on concept and visually-rich content.
Adjunct Instructors duties include but are not limited to grading papers, leading discussions and addressing student questions and concerns. The expectation of faculty to fully support the mission of Hussian College through the functions of providing effective instruction to ensure academic programming, attain student learning outcomes and prepare students for a successful transition into the workforce. To carry out assigned responsibilities to ensure academic programs are sustainable and aligned with accreditation standards.
The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree or higher required in the teaching disciplines; Unofficial or official transcripts required
2. Experience: Two letters of recommendation and/or a list of at least three references, including current/former immediate supervisor along with images of personal work will be required before hiring.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
· Excellent written communication skills
· Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
· Ability to engage students effectively.
· Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
· Student support and academic coaching that yields performance improvement
· Remain current with methods and developments in the content area
· Complete delegated teaching assignment in accordance with guidelines for teaching format.
· Meet all class, office and college commitments
· Participate in the development of a cohesive general education program and/or career and technical program
· Evidence a commitment to the assessment of student learning
· Maintain a classroom environment that supports retention and completion
· Assist in the placement and success of students
· Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.
The purpose of this job description is to document the Major Responsibility Areas (MRAs) and key Duties normally required of this position. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities or duties to be performed by incumbents. Associates are expected to follow all job related instructions and perform any other duties assigned by their supervisor(s).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any associate is free to resign at any time, with or without a reason, just as the Company may end an associate’s employment at any time, with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.