Job DescriptionThe University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing (SON)
is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant I
to support the Office of Admissions in the Office of Student and Academic Services. Under direct supervision, provides moderately complex clerical work requiring the application of varied procedures or specialized methods while applying working knowledge of office practices, procedures, and equipment.Accountability | Civility | Collaboration | Diversity | Excellence | Knowledge | Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of our University.UMB offers a generous benefits package that starts with 11 vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Edits, formats, and revises a variety of documents and materials created by others. Proofreads for grammatical, typographical and basic content errors.
- Answers incoming calls from the main Admissions line and redirects to appropriate person, responds to routine inquiries requiring knowledge of relevant department policies and procedures. Receives and screens visitors.
- Gathers and consolidates background information for reports, utilizing available resources such as departmental files, policy and procedure documents, Internet research, and communicaiton with internal and external contacts.
- Codes, sorts and files documents and materials. Maintains manual and/or automated record keeping systems. Enters and retrieves data.
- Receives, sorts and distributes incoming materials. Participates in preparing bulk mailings.
- Operates office equipment such as personal computers, calculators, facsimile machines, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Sorts and date stamps incoming mail, and updates information in an applicant's checklist.
- Focus on providing exceptional customer service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.Experience: Two (2) years experience providing administrative support. Other: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.Required Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:General knowledge of and skill in the practical application of generally accepted office practices and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively both orally an in writing. Ability to proofread and edit written documents. Skill in various computer software packages, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation programs, internet, email and calendaring software. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a courteous and efficient manner. Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union).Salary Range:
$40,000 - $41,000UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
.If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Non-Exempt StaffShift:
School of Nursing - Student AffairsJob Posting:
Jul 13, 2021Unposting Date:
Jul 23, 2021, 11:59:00 PM