Title: Casual - Bookstore Operations (Harrisburg)
Job no: 492946
Location: Harrisburg Campus
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: Assist with bookstore operations, which may include cashiering, ordering, shipping, and receiving merchandise and textbooks, assisting customers, and stocking shelves and displays; provides excellent customer service in support of HACC's mission and purpose.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 0 years experience*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Hiring Range: $12.34
Job Specific Task List:
1. Provide excellent customer service by processing purchases, returns, and refunds; provide timely follow-up with customer inquiries. - (Essential)
2. May perform some or all of the following: open/close the store location; operate cash register and point-of-sale (POS) system for financial transactions; place orders for merchandise; ship, receive, unpack, and shelve/display merchandise/textbooks; notify supervisor of discrepancies in deliveries; monitor inventory levels and notify bookstore staff as needed. - (Essential)
3. May assist bookstore managers/staff with any or all of the following: ordering merchandise/textbooks, processing invoices for payment, processing purchase orders, creating marketing materials; running reports. - (Essential)
4. May assist campus dining/food services during staffing shortages by operating cash registers, serving/restocking food, or receiving inventory. - (Essential)
Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jul 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time