Account Technician IPosition Number:
00002949Working Position Title:
Account Technician IPosting Type:
School of Art and DesignPrimary Function:
Maintain budgets for all of School of Art and Design 41 and 04 funds; initiate accounting paperwork and GA, student and extra help human resources paperwork, record keeping for all expenditures, inventory of new equipment; utilize the following computer software: PeopleSoft, HR Admin Portal, Excel, Microsoft Word, etc.Duties and Responsibilities (generally):
Prepares and processes expenditure requests in a timely manner. Reviews vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, availability of funds, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or contractual agreements. Posts financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment. Reconciles discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepares correction documents as required. assists in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers. Provides School of Art Director, Executive Council members and faculty account managers with current reports detailing income and expenditures. Employee must be self-motivated and able to establish prioritized goals that are realistic and can be completed on time.Minimum Required Qualifications for this position:
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER Education and Experience Preferred:
1.Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) Work experience performing duties comparable to the next lower level of this series
(b) College course work in accounting
(c ) College course work in any curriculum
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
2 years of “a” = 1.0 unit
9 semester hours of “b” = 1.0 unit
90 semester hours in “c” = 1.0 unit.
Amounts of experience and training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
Working knowledge of NIU Accounting, Graduate School (GA hires) and HR (student workers, extra help hires) DepartmentsList the knowledge, skills, and abilities critical to the performance of this position.:
1. ability to apply an extensive knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures Working Hours:
2. ability to apply a thorough knowledge of accounting techniques
3. ability to compile complex financial records and prepare routine financial reports or statements
4. ability to operate electronic and/or other standard office equipment
5. ability to work independently and exercise judgment
8:00-4:30Minimum Pay Rate (Hourly or Monthly):
$11 per hour Hiring Rate Information:
Actual hiring rate is commensurate with experience, education, and internal equity; position includes a robust benefits package to eligible applicants.Posting Date:
07/26/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Fully complete the Education and Work History sections of the application. Be specific on your entire work history, including employment dates and duties for all positions held. Applicable part-time work experience will be considered toward qualifying for this position, however, it will be converted to a full-time equivalency to determine combined length of experience
- If you have education and/or training in excess of what is required, we encourage you to upload your unofficial transcripts.
- After the posting has closed, your submission will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the classification, including any specialty factors associated with this particular position.
- Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application. Emails will be generated from [email protected] and [email protected] Please add these emails to your address book to ensure timely delivery of any future communication.
- We STRONGLY recommend that contact information used in your online profile be personal use, not professional/work information: personal email address, home address, and phone numbers. The information you provide is used to make contact on search updates, department referrals and interviews, etc. We must be able to relay sensitive and important information in a way that protects your privacy concerning job search activity, now and in the future.
- ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE SCHEDULED TO COME TO THE NIU DEKALB CAMPUS TO TAKE A STATE UNIVERSITIES CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION. At the time of testing, you will be required to present a photo ID. NOTE: If you have previously tested for this classification and wish to rewrite the exam to improve your score and register position, please contact the Civil Service Testing Office by the posting deadline.
- Required documentation noted in the posting such as driver’s license, licensures, or certifications MUST be presented at the time of examination.
- If eligible for Veteran’s Preference Points, DD214/DD215/NGB22/DD256 paperwork reflecting an Honorable Discharge MUST be uploaded to this application in order to receive the maximum eligible points on the Civil Service examination.
- After testing of all qualified applicants has been completed for this position, the names with the top three scores will be referred to the hiring department for interview.
- Click on Account Technician I for more information including salary ranges, typical duties, minimum acceptable qualifications, and testing requirements.
Link to Department Homepage:
- Employment is contingent upon your passing a criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
School of Art and DesignPhysical Demands:
In accordance with applicable statutes and regulations, NIU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, or any other factor unrelated to professional qualifications, and will comply with all applicable federal and state statutes, regulations and orders pertaining to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Is Background Check Required:
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Ethics and Compliance Officer, Title IX Coordinator
Health Services 230
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.ADA Accommodation:
NIU remains committed to ensuring that its recruitment and application procedures include full opportunities for applicants with disabilities. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make accommodations for a person’s disability during either the application or interview process. An applicant who believes they require an accommodation to participate in the employment process due to a disability may request that accommodation through the Accommodation Request Form. For further assistance, please contact the office of Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Education (AAEOE) at [email protected].Clery Act Information:
NIU provides information regarding campus security, personal and fire safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, emergency response procedures and crime reporting policies, in addition to crime and fire statistics for the most recent three calendar years. The Annual Security Report containing security and safety information is available at www.safety.niu.edu/clery or by contacting the University Police Department and Public Safety Department at 815-753-9628 to receive a hard copy. The Annual Fire Safety Report is available at www.niu.edu/clery/fire_report.pdf or by contacting the Environmental Health and Safety Department at 815-753-0404 to receive a hard copy.Quick Link: