Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
001212NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
Administrative Support Associate - AdvancedWorking Title:
Administrative Support AssociateSalary Range:
$36,177 - $40,944Anticipate Hiring Range:
$36,177 - $38,699FLSA Status:
Dean of Students (Adm)Work Unit:
Dean of StudentsWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position:
This position provides general administrative support for the Office of Student Conduct, including the Associate Dean of Students and Director, the Associate Director, two Assistant Directors, and a graduate assistant. The position is also responsible for coordinating the Dean’s Certification process and managing social media accounts (e.g., website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. HootSuite) for the Office of Student Conduct.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications: Essential Job Duties:
Graduation from high school; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from high school, or completion of its equivalency, and three years of office/clerical work experience; or an equivalent combination of training/experience.
- Provide direct administrative support for Student Conduct & Academic Integrity, specifically to the Associate Dean of Students and Director, the Associate Director, three Assistant Directors, and a graduate assistant. Other Work Responsibilities:
- Assist in case management of student conduct cases, including preparing and delivering notices of referral as directed, managing non-scheduled cases, assisting with hearing referrals as needed, and scanning/uploading case documents.
- Coordinate the Dean’s Certification process, an institutional process that provides conduct record verification to employers, other offices and other institutions.
- Coordinate and manage all social media accounts for Student Conduct & Academic Integrity.
- Manage and update the website for Student Conduct & Academic Integrity.
- Provide factual and procedural information regarding the student conduct, academic integrity, and Pre-Admissions Safety Review processes.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records and other information regarding student information pursuant to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Create safe and welcoming environment for visitors to the Dean of Students Office, including, students, parents, faculty/staff, and other institutional stakeholders. Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Appropriately triage concerns, clarifying inquiry and providing accurate information, assistance, or referrals (both internal and external referrals).
- Maintain knowledge of appropriate institutional policies and procedures, including, but not limited to, academic policies.
- Maintain knowledge of resources available through campus partners, including Housing and Residence Life, Registrar’s Office, Counseling Center, Student Health Center, Center for Wellness Promotions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, etc.
- Assist students in crisis by providing information related to campus resources and academic accommodations.
- Maintain records pursuant to the University’s record retention schedule, archiving or purging files as directed.
- Provide statistical reports at the request of the Director of Student Conduct or Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.
- Demonstrated experience with the following technology systems: Gmail, Google Calendar, Banner, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat suite, Maxient student conduct database, social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite), and website management (e.g., HTML, Droopal) Work Location:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, a collaborative communication style, strong interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in fast-paced, high energy environment.
King 217Posting date:
07/27/2021Proposed Hire Date:
08/30/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
* These documents are used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
* Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from consideration, but it may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and experience.