Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeHours per week:
40Months per year:
009521NC Salary Grade Equivalency:
University Program Associate - JourneyWorking Title:
Human Resources SpecialistSalary Range:
$37,203 - $40,000Anticipate Hiring Range:
$37,203 - $40,000FLSA Status:
Facilities Management (Adm)Work Unit:
Facilities Management AVCWork Schedule:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – FridayPrimary Purpose of Position:
Primary purpose is to assist hiring managers with position descriptions and job postings; create interview guides; schedule and/or sit in interviews for SHRA positions as needed; assist employees with the interpretation of University and FM policies and procedures; manage the temporary employee FM process; assist with employee engagement events; manage employee files and records; assist with managing the vacancy report and FM organizational chart; and provide administrative support to the FMHR Director.Minimum Education/Experience:
Required Minimum Qualifications: Essential Job Duties:
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
University Preferred Qualifications:
Graduation from a four year college or university and one year of related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
1. Provide assistance and coordination in the full life cycle recruiting process for FM positions using the applicant tracking system. 2. Ensure recruitment practices are done in accordance with employment laws, regulations, and University policies and procedures.3. Coordinate and lead strategy sessions with hiring managers to provide guidance in the creation of position descriptions and job postings. 4. Develop strategies for advertising vacancies to attract qualified and diverse candidates. 5. Assist hiring managers in the evaluation of candidate qualifications as requested. 6. Assist with maintaining and updating position descriptions.Other Work Responsibilities:
7. Draft and compose correspondence, guides, presentations and other supporting documents for the unit that will assist hiring managers in the application of the hiring process.
8. Maintain communications with FM supervisors, managers and directors in response to requests for information, assistance and guidance on the hiring process.9. Enter HR actions into NinerTalent (PeopleAdmin), monitoring the action from start to finish, adding the appropriate information, and completing the appropriate paperwork as needed. 10. Interpret guidelines, answer inquiries and provide advice and counsel on University HR hiring policies, processes and procedures.11. Complete hiring actions and documents to ensure accuracy, completeness and institutional compliance to University guidelines and/or regulations.
1. Utilize, reconcile and manipulate data from different internal and external software systems.Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
2. Compile, analyze, assimilate and compose information and records.
3. Assist with providing guidance and support with position management.
4. Generate reports as requested by FMHR Director.5. Facilitate training on the hiring process.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned and/or delegated.7. Serve as a search committee member, group interview facilitator and/or complete reference checks for FM recruitment, as needed.
1. Graduation from a four year college or university and one year of related experience or the equivalent combination of training and experience is required.Work Location:
2. Two years of related human resources experience preferred.
3. Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
4. Ability to interpret and communicate University, state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
5. Experience using applicant tracking systems – preferably PeopleAdmin.6. Experience writing position descriptions and job postings.
7. Exemplary skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications with the ability to influence and effectively work with diverse populations.
8. Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
9. Strong customer service orientation and ability to effectively anticipate and respond to requests for information and assistance.
10. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
11. Ability to instruct, or provide, facilitation of instruction for employees.
12. Flexible and innovative with ability to manage responsibilities and multiple priorities with very little supervision in a time-critical environment.
13. Strong ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
14. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
15. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
16. High ethical standards and strong sense of integrity.
17. Fluency in Spanish and English preferred.
18. Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
FM - Human ResourcesPosting date:
07/22/2021Proposed Hire Date:
08/16/2021Special Notes to Applicants:
Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application.
* Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
* Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
* These documents will be used to evaluate your written communication skills as well as supporting documents of your knowledge, skills, abilities, education and professional experience.