Columbus State University
Columbus State University has an opening for a Processing Specialist in the Department of University Support Services. The primary duty for this position is to be the first line of customer contact at University Support Services (USS). This position will direct calls to proper entities (Scheduling, Management, etc) if they are unable to answer the questions. In addition to directing calls, the Processing Specialist will also troubleshoot basic customer questions such as looking up workorders, updating status reports, Cougar scheduler requests, and clarifying the steps of submission process with consumers. This position will be responsible for major third party contracts / work order submission, processing requests from the CSU community to the right areas, and various administrative projects as directed by the Senior Director of USS. This position requires some evenings and weekends for large event management and reports to the Projects/ Events Coordinator of USS. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve customers from order inception until completion of event. Suggest alternative solutions to customers when needed.
- Answer phones and assist customers with questions or any concerns relating to their event, making sure that all work is accurate and all queries are resolved.
- Proactively handle any order conflicts or issues before the event is delivered.
- Serve as the customer champion to successfully manage, act and resolve customer needs with a sense of urgency and to the satisfaction of the customer while adhering to company guidelines.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relations by ensuring that all customer requests are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with leaders, supervisors and management on any issues or problems that need further clarification or handling.
- Prioritize consistently with the goal to complete and/or resolve issues by the end of the day.
- Collaborate and build relationships effectively across teams and departments in an effort to provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Stay current with product and operational knowledge regarding equipment and linens by utilizing the website and work order system.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree at an accredited University, proficiency in Microsoft office products, and proficiency in event scheduling software. The selected candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent customer service skills in order to handle the heavy volume of customer inquiries, and exceptional oral and written communication skills. The candidate should also be highly organized, detail oriented, a quick thinker, and have the ability to work with the departmental personnel in a pleasant, professional , and efficient manner.Preferred Qualifications
Preferred qualifications include two years of experience in Event or Customer Service field. Proposed Salary
The salary range for this position is $27,868 - $31,352 and includes full benefits. Required Documents to Attach
For fullest consideration, please submit your application immediately. Columbus State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Committed to Diversity in Hiring. A successful criminal background check will be required as a condition of employment. Required Documents to Submit with Online Application:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
All applications and required documents must be submitted using the Columbus State University's online employment site. Contact Information
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Office at 706-507-8920 or e-mail to [email protected]
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=30000&JobOpeningId=229223&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency