Student Involvement and Success Coordinator
POSITION CODE: 4966 DEPARTMENT:
Student Affairs/Student Involvement and Success APPOINTMENT:
Eleven (11) months, Forty (40) hours per week, Staff STARTING SALARY RANGE:
"7" INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
Six Months (6) POSTING DATE:
July 12, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
July 29, 2021 General Job Description/Job Summary
The Coordinator of Student Involvement and Success (CSIS) is responsible for, developing, and implementing integrated technology platforms and communication plans designed to support and enhance the student experience. This position supports a broad spectrum of campus activities, resources, practices, policies, and programs intended to cultivate a vibrant/active social life to nurture student leadership development and to contribute to the retention efforts for the 2,400 undergraduates in the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Redlands.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing, operating, and assessing integrated technology platforms and communication programs at a university or similar setting. The candidate will possess sufficient technical skills to manage social media campaigns, web page design/editing, engagement platforms, etc. Reporting to the Director of Student Involvement and Success, this individual will be integral to student engagement and support and will coordinate with other offices responsible for contributing to the institution's success, specifically Information Technology Services, University Communications, Development, and Alumni Relations.
The Coordinator of Student Involvement and Success is a full-time hourly professional staff member reporting to the Director of Student Involvement and Success. The Responsibilities of the Position Include (but are not limited to):
The Student Involvement and Success team supports all CAS undergraduate students wholistically including their co-curricular educational goals through best practices to serve a diverse student body, and reflects the divisional philosophy, Learning Applied.
Serving as a member of the SIS team, all members will demonstrate accountability, initiative, ownership, pride, and maximize resources to provide robust programs, services, advising, and trainings. Office Hours are assigned to each member of the team during University business hours. Hours worked each week may vary depending on program demands and events needing support.
The Coordinator will work closely with the SIS Assistant Director, Graduate Assistants, and undergraduate interns. Primary Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, and maintain the student engagement software platform (currently Presence) in collaboration with the SIS Assistant Director and the Associated Students of the University of Redlands (ASUR) Vice President of Student Organizations
- Manage the University calendar related to student events using 25Live, a scheduling platform, in partnership with Event Services
- Oversee operational and programmatic logistics including room reservations and communications for new student orientation programing and other first year/pathway student programming
- Collaborate with Information Technology Services (ITS) in the continual development and maintenance of the First Year Student Checklist
- Create, manage, and distribute information on departmental and division social media accounts and serve as a member of the University's Social Media team
- Lead and support technology needs, including website management, within Student Involvement and Success, ASUR and more broadly across the division, as needed.
- Develop and execute trainings and handbooks for technology platforms, calendar systems, and related resources across the University community
- Collaborate with ITS on program and resource development related to management of the student persona of the University of the Redlands App, including content development, creative design, and technical back-end administration
- Solicit weekly content, create, and distribute, “Bulldog Nation” (division newsletter), department and division announcements, family communications, and information related to events and programing offered both on and off campus.
- Demonstrate and support the University's commitment to equity and inclusion through meaningful and impactful engagement with students, and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Guide and train SIS student employees, update student employee handbook
- Oversee SIS equipment checkout return policy and process
- Monitor SIS department email account
- Manage the review and processing of contracts for events, vendors, convocations, and performers
- Serves on committees as representative of student communications to promote enhancing the student experience, including technology, marketing, diversity and inclusion, student onboarding, retention, community relations, and fund-raising.
Years of experience: 1-2 year in related field
Academic credentials: Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Higher Education, or related field.
Skill set: strong verbal and written communication, knowledgeable of tech programs and social media platformsPreferred Qualifications:
Master's in Communications, Marketing, Higher Education, or related field.
Writing for publication/public review, for example social media campaigns, website development, newsletters
Fiscal management oversight
Experience mentoring, supporting, and engaging with a diverse population of college-age students. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=7bb3ac3c-6756-4c72-8c3d-d52f3fec9a0c
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency