Part-Time Cook, Snack Bar
$12.38 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for opening and closing the grill and ensuring that all end-of-day cleaning processes are performed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.).
- Prepare oven, grill, and utensils for the shift.
- Cook food with various utensils or grillers according to food health and safety standards.
- Handle multiple food orders at one time.
- Monitor multiple food orders as new orders arrive.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Check each order to ensure it has the correct food and sides.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check the quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Assist other cooks in preparing food or help other team members when needed.
- Organize and stock food items as necessary.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a cook
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (i.e., grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read and write in English to perform the basic duties of the job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and/or push objects or loads of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and sporting events as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.) In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application. Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7004
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency