Marketing & Communications Specialist
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.Job Summary
Coordinates and implements marketing and communication projects that support the assigned department and/or college's goals to help shape effective marketing and communications strategies. Organizes public image campaigns and special events that are engaging and contain interactive social media content strategy that enhances the College reputation. Responsible for creating brand awareness through advertising and social media for the College. Works collaboratively with college partners to achieve project objectives, milestones and deliverables, and campaign effectiveness reporting. Responsibilities
1. Develops and maintains strong partnerships within the assigned department and/or college, understanding key business strategies, objectives, and project expectations to support marketing efforts and goals
2. Develops and manages comprehensive marketing and communications strategy, campaigns, projects, tactical execution plan
3. Oversees the production process, day-to-day project activities and provides analytical analysis
4. Creates advertising, marketing copy, newsletters, memos, reports and other forms of communication aimed at increasing enrollment, increasing philanthropic support, improving name recognition and enhancing the assigned department and/or college
5. Creates, plans and executes engaging and interactive social media content strategy to enhance the assigned department and/or college's reputation
6. Oversees the day-to-day activity on the assigned department and/or college's social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
7. Utilizes social media to drive users to the assigned department and/or college's website, enhance the brand, promote events and programs, recruit students
8. Ensures that communications are aligned with the University and the assigned department and/or college's brand messaging and policies to increase the sense of connection to the College and its extended community
9. Produces creative collateral (i.e. pop-up banners, brochures, booklets, department signage, newsletters, email templates, print ads, campaigns, GIFs, static images, videos, college events promotion, OwlTV, internal media and social media)
10. Directs projects using appropriate internal and external resources (including, but not limited to, department team members, automation/CRM systems, videography, PR /marketing team, agency partners, freelance professionals, and PR/marketing firms)
11. Plans and manages project communications, monitoring project status, proactively managing changes, and effectively communicating regularly
12. Ensures evaluation and analysis of marketing initiatives to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies
13. Coordinates and hosts the assigned department/college events (both on and off-campus locations) that promote the brand, department and/or college and programs, recruit students and increase the sense of connection to the extended community
14. Analyzes website SEO utilizing approved platform(s) (Google Analytics, BrightEdge, etc.)
15. Provides insights and recommendations for updates, writes content and partners with assigned webmaster to meet SEO and web goals and objectives
16. Utilizes Google Analytics and/or other approved platform(s) to analyze web performance, report KPI's and provide insights and recommendations for performance improvement
17. Proposes and manages the college's marketing budget for the fiscal year
18. Performs administrative functions to support marketing and communications projects for the college Required Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in marketing, business administration or related fieldMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years of marketing, communications or public relations work experience with a focus on account management and digital campaign management Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience in higher education preferred
Extensive experience with various computer software
Google Analytics certified
SEO BrightEdge or other SEO certification Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledge of communication, sales and broad understanding of marketing principles
Knowledge of branding standards and University policies and guidelines used to develop marketing and advertising materials
Comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and be willing to develop strong and positive relationships with staff and colleagues
Able to produce creative and effective marketing communications materials
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, Adobe suite including Photoshop, etc.)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and email etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=228933&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency