Director, Payroll, Tax Compliance and Reporting
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Directs the activities of the payroll services and decision support teams and the respective staff members. Develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives, including relationships with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies. Responsible for payroll strategy, planning, communications, and marketing the payroll function and related services. Additionally, responsible for directing the activities of the decision support reporting functions, deploying reporting access, and creating and reviewing HR-related programming queries. Responsibilities
1. Manages the payroll and decision support teams and functions
2. Documents strategies and tactics for meeting campus objectives
3. Develops policies and procedures relating to payroll functions
4. Provides guidance on all payroll tax reconciliations and prior period adjustments for the Payroll Services team
5. Provides guidance to the payroll and decision support staff relating to unusual requests, reconciliations and reallocations
6. Designs, codes, tests and troubleshoots SQL queries
7. Develops and maintains strategies for processing payroll for part-time faculty
8. Balances and approves quarterly and annual payroll tax balances, 941s and W-2 data
9. Monitors and processes non-resident alien information using the appropriate application for tax and tax treaty calculations
10. Extracts and analyzes data for special projects as assigned by OFS leadership or other campus executives
11. Assists with fiscal year-end audit requests12. Directs and mentors the decision support analyst and assist in career growth and training
13. Reviews and approves if appropriate, salary advance requests and interacts with the bursar
14. Writes, updates and edits items on the Payroll Services web site
15. Assists departmental and institutional users to design and produce queries and reports to meet business goals
16. Works with the Shared Services Center in order to protect KSU's best interests regarding payroll schedules, processes, and policies
17. Collaborates with Financial Aid, Office of Fiscal Services, and the work study coordinator to assist in balancing federal work study under federal guidelines
18. Acts as a primary resource for SQL-related strategies for the data analyst
19. Actively participates in OFS Leadership meetings as well as other cross-campus functions
20. Works closely with Academic Affairs in order to accurately and efficiently process faculty payments for all 10 and 12-month faculty members
21. Holds campus workshops when necessary in order to increase reporting efficiencies such as summer and part-time payrolls Required Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Business, or a related fieldRequired Experience
Five (5) years of payroll or closely related work experience Preferred Qualifications Preferred Experience
Higher education experience highly desired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to respond to inquiries from campus constituents in a professional and efficient manner
Able to interact with campus constituents to assist in communication of payroll processes
Reacts to departmental needs in a professional and efficient manner and assist in solving business problems and issues
Able to maintain confidentiality of payroll and employee records
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines SKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=229575&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency