Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Office of Admissions & Recruitment Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the recruitment and admission of students to Middle Georgia State University.
- Manages, plans and schedules recruitment events and activities for an assigned geographic area.
- Travels to recruitment events to provide information to guidance counselors, parents, high school students, and non-traditional students.
- Analyzes data to determine primary, secondary and tertiary schools for recruitment purposes, overall and within recruitment territory.
- Provides “case management” approach leading prospective students through the admission and enrollment process which includes a variety of communication strategies.
- Conducts campus tours for prospective students and parents.
- Assists with University open house, preview days, and other enrollment events.
- Maintains records of events and contacts.
- Assists with the operation of the student information and correspondence system.
- Assists with the development of promotional literature.
- Attends professional meetings and training workshops.
- Promotes and enhances community partnerships and relationships through collaboration with Academic Affairs and other Campus Stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in event planning.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Associate Director of Recruitment and Orientation assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot- checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include college and University System of Georgia policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of significant travel and varied student recruitment duties. Scheduling conflicts contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to recruit students for Middle Georgia State Success in this position contributes to overall enrollment goals of the college.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, students, prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office, on a college campus, or on high school campuses.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University admissions requirements.
- Knowledge of Middle Georgia State University academic programs, schools and departments and related degree requirements.
- Knowledge of college recruitment rules, regulations, policies and standards.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 16.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018299 Recruiter I 7.12.2021”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D