Reports To: Director of Financial Aid
Primary Functions: The Assistant Director through regularly scheduled reporting, data dissemination, and communication will support internal and external constituents in the distribution of financial aid resources in accordance with federal, state, and university regulations.
- Using the Financial Aid processing calendar will serve as the department representative in the preparation and dissemination of data reports and student communication management.
- Daily importing of ISIRs and the correction of records after reconciliation.
- Reconcile Illinois Monetary Award Program and Federal Pell Program as scheduled.
- Facilitate Noel Levitz’ recruitment strategy for NPU by providing data reports and serving as the campus liaison to the Noel Levitz financial aid consultant.
- Analyze weekly financial aid management reports. Look for areas that need follow up and investigation. Contribute to the discussion with NL consultant’s bi-weekly conference calls.
- Manage all student loan programs for internal and external parties.
- Maintain daily updates for the Self-Service portal so that student Financial aid tasks and data are correct in real time.
- Discuss financial aid packages and payment alternatives with students and/or parents either in person or over the telephone for an assigned student population.
- Serve as main liaison with admission office and admission recruiters.
- Facilitate regular training for staff in Student Administrative Services and Enrollment Management.
- Assist director in reading, analyzing, and interpreting federal and state regulations.
- Assume responsibilities of the Director of Financial Aid in their absence.
- Work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Minimum Requirements):
- Personal commitment to and ability to effectively articulate North Park’s mission and philosophy of Christian higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the field of financial aid.
- Familiarity with Ellucian Colleague and Noel Levitz systems preferred.
- Excellent team oriented interpersonal, oral and written skills, and customer service orientation.
- Ability to collaborate and develop partnerships between different organizational groups.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.