Department: Student Administrative Services
Reports To: Assistant Director of Student Administrative Services
Position Summary/Purpose: The purpose of this position is to contribute to the Office of Student Administrative Services by facilitating the recording and management of student records and accounts. This is achieved by creating working relationships with students to facilitate in the understanding of policies and procedures in the areas of registration, financial aid, and student accounts.
- Establish a working relationship with a designated group of undergraduate students.
- Know the academic programs and billing codes to adequately explain student account charges and balances.
- Responsible for analyzing student accounts, addressing student and parent questions and concerns with a high level of customer service.
- Meet with students and families to discuss tuition and fee charges, account balances, payment plans, and payment options.
- Initiate, review and maintain payment plans and alternative education funds.
- Process payments.
- Collect on outstanding student accounts via in person, phone and email.
- Understand financial aid awards and individual student aid packages to communicate with students the implications of a change in enrollment status.
- Correspond with students so that missing or incomplete financial aid documentation is finished and filed with the office.
- Generate and distribute billing statements on a weekly basis.
- Fully administer student programs in specific campus areas: Veteran’s Affairs, Campus Parking, Ventra/Chicago Transit Authority, Student Identification cards.
- Support students by assisting them with the registration of classes, including supplementary support with the Self-Service on-line system.
- Provide students with accurate grade information by entering and verifying grades, generating and distributing grade reports, and entering grade changes and corrections where necessary.
- Produce enrollment verifications and student ID’s when requested.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and University goals.
- Perform non-strenuous, physically light daily activities of an administrative nature.
- A bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two years of experience in customer service; higher education experience preferred but not required.
- An ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a positive approach and exceptional attention to detail.
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely with tact and diplomacy in all oral and written communications.
- An ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Proficient in personal computer skills, including e-mail, routine database activity, and MS Office programs.
- Possess a clear understanding and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
- Must be available to work evenings and Saturdays per department operating requirements.
- An ability to traverse stairs in and out of building.
- Spanish speaker preferred in order to assist and communicate (orally and in writing) with our Spanish speaking families
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.