Department: Student Administrative Services (Financial Aid)
Reports To: Director of Financial Aid
Position Summary: Provides counsel and financial aid to a portion of the undergraduate and graduate student body while ensuring that all aid is distributed within the federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
- Awards and monitors financial aid for approximately one-third of the undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ensures that students are packaged in compliance to all federal and state regulations.
- Counsels students regarding financial aid eligibility.
- Assists with administration of exit counseling.
- Assists with disbursement of all outside scholarships and church match money (PIE) to students. Maintains correspondence with outside scholarship agencies and ensures that students are not over-awarded.
- Optimize, build and execute social media presence and financial aid literacy and outreach with constituents on and off campus through a variety of platforms.
- Oversees incoming paperwork, distributes mail.
- Stays aware of changes in financial aid rules and regulations.
- Supports the Financial Aid Team by assuming and completing other responsibilities as required.
- Provides good customer service to families and students seeking financial aid advice.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- An orientation to detail and precision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with students, administrators, families and outside constituencies.
- Ability to coordinate many overlapping tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in financial aid preferred.
- Personal commitment to North Park’s mission of Christian higher education.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.