Department AssistantPosition Type:
20171003Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status :
06/04/2021Job Description Summary:
The Department Assistant will provide administrative assistance to Financial Services. Serve as the first point of contact for visitors to the financial services department, answering phones and sorting mail for the department. Process purchase Responsibilities:
orders, receiving invoices in PeopleSoft. Maintain office supplies and files. Other duties as assigned.
Administrative Office Support: Required Qualifications:
• Answer and screen incoming calls to Financial Services.
• Greet and direct office guests
• Sort and distribute mail to the Financial Services office, twice daily
• Provide general guidance on administrative processes throughout the department
• Order, stock and organize office supplies
• Create PR/PO and receive invoices in PeopleSoft
• Maintain printer, fax machine and copier
• Daily trip to campus, pick up and drop off documents
Accounts Payable and Payroll Support:
• Sort, organize, and distribute accounts payable checks by mail or pickup.
• Sort, organize and distribute payroll checks by mail or pickup
• Contact supervisors with outstanding timesheet approvals
• Contact employees for documentation needed for timesheet entries
• Review HRIS data entries and match to ERCR/Extra Pay forms.
• Contact HRIS to request any needed corrections
• Fax/mail regulatory reports and agency responses completed by PR staff
• Some PeopleSoft data entry of departmental forms
• Help Chapman community navigate PeopleSoft
• Research payments for suppliers and employees using PeopleSoft
• Maintain match exceptions. Communicate, follow up, and process all match exceptions
• Receive and distribute new p-cards
• Stay current on accounts payable’s processes and changes
• Create new/update existing suppliers in PS
• Process returned Accounts Payable checks
• Process outstanding checks-send 1st and 2nd notice letters and maintain responses
Administrative Assistant to the Controller:
• Direct report to Controller. Maintain Controller’s schedule, screen calls, make and confirm appointments, provide administrative assistance with paperwork and collection of appropriate signatures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
Other Financial Services Support:
• Serve as backup for the Accounting Assistant II duties when required.
• Maintain schedule of both of Financial Service’s conference rooms
• Maintain cart usage and maintenance
• Organize department events/monthly birthday celebrations
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside the University. Desired Qualifications:
• Excellent telephone and email skills.
• Computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Technical skills to learn enterprise systems and tools.
• Ability to use and maintain standard office equipment, including an automated phone system, copier, fax machine, and calculator.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
• Skills to perform arithmetic calculations such as add, subtract, multiply, divide, and percentages.
• Organizational skills for all functions, with the ability to deal with volume, detail, repetitive paperwork, and time constraints in a timely manner with exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize duties when faced with interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workload. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to establish and maintain office files.
• Experience planning meetings using Microsoft Outlook.
• Experience working in an office environment or related professional experience.
• Knowledge of Chapman University’s policies and procedures Special Instructions to Applicants:
• PeopleSoft experience
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University can be found at www.chapman.edu/diversity.
Applicants for Staff and Administrator positions must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Chapman University does not sponsor applicants for Staff and Administrator positions for work visas.
The offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion and outcomes of a criminal background screening to include DMV Check and Credit Check and returning to the Office of Human Resources a signed original acceptance of the Chapman University Agreement to Arbitrate.