Student Affairs & Inclusive Excellence (SAIE) is the central student affairs division of the University of Denver. SAIE includes Housing and Residential Education, Student Engagement, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Health and Counseling, Inclusion & Equity Education, Disability Services Program, Cultural Center, Access & Transitions, Learning Effectives Program, Veterans Services, Student Outreach and Support, Student Rights & Responsibilities, Budget, Operations and Division Resources, New Student and Family Programs, Community and Driscoll Commons.
This position serves to provide administrative support, program development, coordination and curriculum support to the undergraduate Access and Transitions programs l, including 1GENU, Equity in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (E-STEM), and Volunteers in Partnership, with particular attention to assisting with coordinating the Denver Promise Program. The position reports to the Interim Senior Director for Office of Access and Transitions (A+T).
This is a temporary, benefited position that is funded through June 30, 2023.
Co-curricular program management
- Collaboratively develop, plan, coordinate, advise and implement community events/workshops, graduation celebration, pre-orientation, retreats and speakers, and student development opportunities for all-Access and Transitions programs.
- Assist with data collection on the programs and students the Access and Transitions area serves as well as data on national trends.
- Assist with P-Card Package Submission for Access and Transitions Staff members.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with students, faculty, parents, alumni and other friends of the programs.
- Maintain and update website and collateral communication pieces.
- Provide administrative assistance to assigned Faculty Directors, faculty and adjunct professors.
- Communicate with university and outside vendors and organizations as necessary for programming.
- This position requires interaction with a number of departments and committees throughout the University. It will include collaboration with co-workers to accomplish overall vision and goals of the Access and Transitions.
- Coordinate with relevant academic departments related to the Access and Transitions programs themes, such as RSECS and CNMS.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of relevant administrative and customer service experience.
- Demonstrative commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Experience maintaining detailed and confidential records.
- At least one year of academic/higher education experience.
- Experience with digital communication.
- Knowledge of the student development and culture change theories.
- Experience working with first-generation, minoritized, and other underrepresented college students.
- Bilingual - Spanish preferred.
- Experience with college access and success programs.
- Certification, training or degree in a military setting.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, July 27th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 7.
The salary range for this position is $44,000 - $49,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.