Access Services Library Associate (Part-Time)Job Description:
As a part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a Part-Time Access Services Associate for the Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library. The Access Services area of the library promotes our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by overseeing most front-line services, including circulation (checking items in and out) and interlibrary loan (borrowing and lending items with other libraries). The Access Services team is led by a librarian and includes 2 non-student associates and 10-15 student workers. This position will work, on average, 25 hours per week and is non-benefit eligible, though it does accrue paid vacation and sick time. This position will work primarily evenings, nights, and weekends during the school year, with a weekday schedule during the summer and a reduced schedule during spring, fall, and winter breaks. The Associate will report to the Access Services Librarian. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and accurately retrieve and process interlibrary loan requests during each shift.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with locating and checking out books and other items.
- Provide front-line desk assistance as necessary.
- Act as building supervisor in the evenings and either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Open and/or close the library on scheduled days, following designated procedures.
- Provide front-line desk assistance, including assisting patrons with library resources and equipment.
- Oversee and coordinate tasks for student workers.
- Collect statistical data about building and resource use. Oversee data collection by student workers.
- Monitor building and patron safety conditions, reporting issues to the Director of Library Services, Campus Operations, Information Technology, or Marian University Police Department as necessary.
- Assist librarians with projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Pay Rate (non-negotiable):
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Strong sense of professionalism and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience using online systems and the ability to quickly learn new systems and software.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Currently enrolled SLIS graduate students and students enrolled in Marian University graduate programs are encouraged to apply.
- Prior customer service employment experience and demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Experience using a school, public, or academic library.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Experience problem solving with a team.
$15.00/hour Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current CV, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions. Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: Posting Number:
P067SNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Quick Link for Internal Postings:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application: