Work Study Student Assistant - Physical Plant Location:
Americus, Georgia Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Georgia Southwestern State University – a four-year institution – cultivates excellence in learning and teaching that encourages intellectual, personal, and social growth for students, faculty, staff, and the community. Georgia Southwestern State University is a comprehensive state university within the University System of Georgia that offers a full range of bachelor degree programs, along with selected master’s and specialist degree programs.
Georgia Southwestern is committed to serving the needs of its developing region with educational programs for high school, for professional and technical graduates; post-graduate professional training; research and business services; and cultural enrichment. Through its national and international affiliations, the University links Southwest Georgia with the global economy and actively fosters a greater understanding of international business and culture.
Job Summary This is administrative (clerical) work for the Physical Plant Department which involves general office duties. This position will lend itself to real world job training where the student can learn basic office procedures and gain valuable knowledge that will give them an advantage in their job search post-degree. Responsibilities
- Answers telephone and collects information to pass on to the correct area.
- Monitors [email protected] email for maintenance requests.
- Generates work orders, then closes work orders in maintenance software program once work is complete.
- Moderate-to-light filing.
- Assists Plant Director & Office Manager in keeping departments informed on status of work projects and work orders (both routine and emergency).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, visitors and guests, and to efficiently convey information.
- Ability to work independently, with an attention to detail.
- This position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment.
- Must possess a current, valid Georgia driver's license
Required Documents to Attach
Please attach a resume.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at 229-931-2000 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.