: Administrative / StaffDepartment:
: 07-51-5106-TAWC Academic TechnologyLocations:
: Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Jul 12, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)Position ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ASDLDET
- Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours/ week
- Standard Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Exempt (Yes/No): Yes
- Job Location: Longmeadow, MA
Under the direction of the Vice President for Learning Innovation, Technology & Analytics, the Assistant Dean of Learning Design & Educational Technology creates, enhances, supervises, and manages the processes and functions relating to instructional and learning technologies for Bay Path University. The Assistant Dean will be responsible for the overall successful operation and supervision of a highly visible Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning by actively engaging with the faculty community. By joining an innovative team focused on enhancing recruitment, retention, and completion for learners at all stages, this individual will facilitate educational success by partnering up faculty, academic leadership, instructional designers, subject matter experts and student support networks to deliver on best practices in course design and pedagogy, especially those relating to Universal Design for Learning principles, hybrid and blended modalities, flipped classroom, emerging technologies, open educational resources, and experiential and adaptive learning. The position will be required to effectively collaborate with academic leadership and faculty on course development and build a robust framework to manage the operations of systems, processes, analytics, integrations and content management to deliver courses through our undergraduate, graduate and professional development programs across the University in a variety of modalities. The Assistant Dean will guide the training and support of both students and instructors interfacing with the learning tools and environments to ensure a dependable, responsive, accessible and quality academic experience that leads to student success.
A successful candidate will have a passion for the mission of Bay Path University, a commitment to continuous improvement, and enthusiasm for integrating emerging technologies, monitoring trends, and engaging in an iterative process of design thinking in a higher education and workforce development environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the leadership of the Vice President for Learning Innovation, Analytics & Technology, develop and deliver on the vision for learning design & educational technology for Bay Path University incorporating best practices and guided by the strategic direction.
- Oversee the department's administration and governance of the Learning Management System(s) by way of permissions, roles, system configurations and integrations with third party tools and applications.
- Partner with the academic community in the design of courses and learning resources, with careful consideration of the user experience, quality management, web content accessibility guidelines, compliance and cost containment.
- Engage with academic leadership on resource allocation and project prioritization for program development, and course design and redesign cycles.
- In collaboration with Academic Affairs, faculty committees, and the academic deans, coordinate on-going University-wide faculty development efforts, including new faculty orientation and mentoring, and adjunct faculty orientation and training.
- Provide guidance and resources to academic teams on systematic curriculum mapping, skills based assessment, and the application of tools to demonstrate knowledge acquisition including adaptive learning maps, rubrics, e-portfolios, competency based approaches, badges, and labor insights crosswalks.
- Partner with the Dean of Academic Support Services and Hatch Learning Commons to maintain alignment with academic support services and academic resource needs across the University.
- In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships, help cultivate opportunities for integration with networked platforms and partners for course sharing and to generate new enrollment pipelines.
- Consider all learning audiences and help formulate scalable solutions for degree and non-degree interfaces.
- Provide training on best practices in teaching and learning, including exposure and translation of learning analytics and offering training and professional development opportunities on approaches and methodologies emerging with learning science.
- Incorporate opportunities for engagement of adjunct instructional staff in such ways as collecting course design feedback in a consistent redesign cycle, participating in early alert case generation to prompt interventions for student engagement and persistence, or through faculty mentorship networks.
- Test and pilot courseware partners and vendors in partnership with faculty and academic leadership, as well as exploration of embedding industry credentialing opportunities.
- Manage integrations and monitor performance of third party learning tools and supervise help desk tier two support for academic technology used in courses, as well as providing training to help desk tier one on learning applications to maximize the service level of Bay Path's Unified Help Desk.
- Manage vendors and content provider relationships, contracts, and fees, and advise how they impact student charges such as day one access or lab fees.
- Ensure the high quality and integrity of data being collected from LMS and third party solutions, and establish a scheduled and well mapped out assessment strategy for iterative improvement in academic technology support, design, teaching and learning practices.
- Engage in predictive modeling efforts with the Innovative Technology & Analytics team to enhance the wrap-around support structure and proactive outreach strategies to improve student outcomes by integrating performance and engagement metrics into data warehousing initiatives.
- Contribute to the expansion of learning data and dashboards to inform student success initiatives, course design projects, program management, and assessment practices that intersect with a data-driven, student-centric ecosystem model.
- In collaboration with the academic leadership, support course evaluation tools and methods to maximize student participation, as well as improving the application of this data source for reporting and assessment.
- Coordinate a process for assessing and responding to faculty needs, and determine engagement with the academic technology committee.
- Participate in University-wide strategic and grant-focused initiatives that drive digital transformation, change management and innovation through teaching and learning at Bay Path University.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the university.
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer & LMS Administrator
- Instructional Designer(s)
- Course Builder(s)
- Graduate degree required.
- Teaching experience required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in academic technology, distance education, or instructional design.
- Core knowledge of LMS system deployment and support, as well as deep understanding of learning analytics.
- Capacity to develop new, relevant technology skills as needed.
- Strong understanding of learning theory and how it applies to online education.
- Detail-oriented with commitment to data collection and management.
- Innovative thinker with a desire to constantly improve.
- Committed to providing exceptional customer service.
- Leadership experience with proven success in managing and motivating teams, developing and executing implementation plans, as well as resolving complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with a wide range of people and groups.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- Full understanding of FERPA regulations and ability to work with confidential material with integrity and discretion.
- Passion for the University's mission, purpose and goals, and commitment in achieving those goals, including a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, and how learning systems, methods and technologies can help students achieve equitable outcomes.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.