About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-089Posting Start Date:
Masters Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Vice President of Student AffairsDescription/Job SummaryDescription/Job Summary
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) has a “Student First” culture. The Vice President is a visionary who serves as an advocate and as the College’s Chief Student Affairs Officer (CSAO) and reports directly to the President. BCCC is operating within a Realignment culture and the individual must be able to lead through change management. The CSAO encourages high morale and quality student services through a collaborative leadership style which inspires employees to strive for the achievement of established goals and objectives. The individual should possess significant knowledge and bring direct administrative and technical work experience in Student Affairs. The CSAO provides strategic oversight and leadership in the administration of a comprehensive range of programs and services for students; supports a campus culture that promotes the academic achievement and personal development of all students; provides oversight and assistance with student related conduct and crisis response; and maintains the integrity of the athletic programs to ensure adherence to Title IX of the Education Amendment Act. The CSAO brings an appreciation for diversity and working with stakeholders in a shared governance environment.
- Implements performance assessment processes and accountability systems within the division;
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing and directing the use of student information systems (i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft)
- Promotes brand and marketing awareness to support academic programs in order to increase enrollment, retention rates, graduation rates and the employability of students;
- Consults with the College’s Assistant Attorney General (AAG) to implement policies and procedures;
- Integrates business and administrative functions to achieve a level of efficiency and effectiveness in support of the College’s strategic plan and mission;
- Provides leadership to staff members and establishes goals, objectives, and priorities for staff, and reviews staff performance; Recognizes staff success and counsels staff as appropriate regarding performance and conduct:
- Ensures the professional development opportunities for Student Affairs staff;
- Works with the President all fiscal, budget and administrative matters pertaining to Student Affairs;
- Collaborates with members of the President’s Cabinet to develop, design and implement a wide range of College strategic initiatives;
- Develops budget and oversees fiscal management and strategic planning to include external grants;
- Serves as chief student conduct administrator and review and implement the student handbook and conduct policies/procedures; Ensures confidential record keeping and reporting to local, state and federal agencies;
- Establishes relationships/partnerships with various businesses and external agencies that support the College’s overall strategic plan and mission;
- Communicates with the College Community regarding innovative programs and opportunities available for Student Affairs; and Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- PhD strongly preferred. Master's Degree in Higher Education administration or a related field from an accredited College or University required.
- Ten years of progressively responsible student affairs experience, adult education or higher education administration experience including seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
- A successful record of administration including planning, resource and personnel management and program development. Demonstrated experience integrating student affairs and academic affairs.
- Ability to establish cohesive and collaborative student affairs leadership and staff teams. Demonstrated experience with strategic/operational planning & managing organizational transition.
- Demonstrated experience working with & providing oversight for units that manage student information systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Faculty/Staff/Students.
***Please upload a minimum of 7 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES, including work and cell/home phone numbers, as an additional document***
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at H[email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail