Research Associate Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Master's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and experience in research, basic science or clinical laboratory particularly clinical trial research.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and a minimum of three years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/database
Knowledge of clinical trial regulations (including FDA, DHHS, ICH-GCP, OHRP, IRB)Responsibilities The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the GCC CTO regulatory team in the preparation of clinical trial research protocols for IRB submission, in compliance with all applicable regulations and policies of FDA, DHHS, ICH, state of Georgia, AU and AUMC.
- Assists the GCC CTO regulatory team with the ongoing management of current clinical research protocols, including, but not limited to, protocol amendments, financial disclosure, protocol deviations, protocol departures, adverse events.
- Responsible for uploading regulatory documents into OnCore and IRBNet. Provides regulatory support to cancer center clinical investigators and clinical staff.
- Creates and maintains training schedule for Cancer Center research faculty and staff related to research compliance best practices. Assists with finding and distributing continuing education requirement opportunities.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Pay Grade: R14 Salary: $36,197/Annually - $43,946.40/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.