Assistant Director Student Accounts Location:
Tifton, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
Assistant Director of Student Accounts
This position is responsible for accounting work involving responsibility for third party accounts, student health insurance, student access cards and serving as backup to the Director. Duties require in-depth knowledge of University accounting practices and principles with strong customer service skills. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service to students regarding all aspects of their account, including problem research and resolution. Work involves professional accounting activities, including reconciliation of accounts and routine collection activities under the direction of the supervisor.
POSITION SUMMARYThis position is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the student accounts functions while supporting the education mission of the college.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responds independently to students and parents to resolve billing issues concerning their student accounts. Discerns when to turn over higher-level concerns to the supervisor.Serves as liaison for students concerning health insurance and access cards.
- Manages all Third party billing of outside agencies and communicates with students about the effects to their account.
- Provides purchasing duties for the Office of Student Accounts, including all equipment and supplies.
- Serves as a back-up cashier that would be responsible for handling petty cash transactions and placing payments on student accounts.
- The Assistant Director would be responsible for placing all dining plans on the student’s campus card and their Banner account. They would also be responsible for any other campus card questions or activities that would arise.
- Maintains effective collaborative working relationships with related organizations across campus which impact office operations, (Registrar, Financial Aid, Admissions, College Deans, etc.)
- Performs other essential duties that are tasks specific to the position and other duties as assigned.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Associate Degree in a Business related field.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents business policies. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) guidelines.
- Detailed knowledge of the Banner Student Accounts receivable module is required.
- Knowledge of TouchNet electronic bill payment suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills with expertise in developing and empowering staff to provide high quality customer service are required. Ability to make decisions regarding development of timelines for semester calendars for billing and refunds that comply with BOR policy and Federal guidelines.
- Ability to meet and serve students, staff and faculty tactfully and effectively, and maintain effective working relations with other employees.
Associates degree from an accredited university or college is required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check.Required Applicant Documents
List of References
Letter of Interest