In support of the overall Learning College, Instructional Designer will support student success through working with employees in course design consultation, guided implementation of new teaching strategies and assessment methods, and supporting the use of technology to enhance learning. The Instructional Designer works with the Coordinator of Technology-Enhanced Learning, Academic Deans, Continuing Education, and all teaching employees to ensure that all course content is up-to-date, relevant, accessible, and meets College standards.
1. Serve as a consultant to college employees with regard to course design, development of program and course-level assessments, and assessment methods and tools to align with learning outcomes.
2. Serve as a consultant to college employees with regard to design, development, and implementation of digital media assets to enhance instruction and support the achievement of learning outcomes.
3. Research, design, develop, administer, facilitate, and participate in group and one-to-one professional development activities for college employees with regards to various instructional technology and design topics such as:
a. andragogical practices
b. course design
c. learning theory
d. effective use of instructional technology tools e. high-impact practices
g. digital compliance requirements
4. Designated point of contact for the orientation and training of employees in the use and integration of instructional design.
5. Collaborate with Coordinator of Technology-Enhanced Learning to monitor progress of college employees on professional development requirements.
6. Research and remain current on instructional design approaches, best practices for online andragogy, innovative and effective teaching strategies and practices, assessment techniques, and emerging technology that may be adopted for traditional and distance education courses.
7. Research, recommend, and implement internal systems, procedures, and policies to promote high-quality instruction and compliance with digital accessibility requirements.
8. Assist the IT Department to ensure adequate technology infrastructure to meet goals of technology-enhanced instruction.
9. Serve on college committees or task forces as assigned.
10. Perform other tasks as assigned to support the mission and initiatives of the College.