Departmental Office Support III
Full-Time# of Openings:
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services, this position provides administrative support for the Facilities Operations Department
, mainly the Civil Construction group. As part of a large and busy department and working as part of the administrative team, this position shares in the responsibility to maintain daily department functionality of a variety of departments by providing support for purchasing, Maximo entry, union benefit payments, invoice processing, ordering supplies, scheduling training and meetings. Also provides administrative support to the Manager, Administrative Services; the Director, Civil and Environmental Engineering and the construction managers. The typical work schedule for this position is from 8:30 am to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Responsibilities
- General Office Support – Performs the “front desk” function for the Civil Engineering Office Suite. Greets visitors and informs staff of guests. Answers general questions from department staff and re-directs visitors to other offices in the building. Maintain filing system, work on special projects as needed (Audits), maintain equipment and vehicle lists, prepare weekly contact list, schedule meetings, order office supplies, prepare check requests, maintain health and safety training log, prepare utility outage notices, reserve conference rooms, and communicate invitation lists for meetings and training classes to attendees. Responsible for compliance tracking for boilers.
- Purchasing - Work closely with staff in the Facilities Finance and Administrative Services to prepare purchase orders, contract requisitions, research and resolve supplier account issues and inquires, collect and log receipts for material purchases and reconcile with invoice. Maintains records of all such payments, utilizing both electronic and hard-copy files. Assist departmental personnel with travel arrangements and reimbursements utilizing Concur.
- Time tracking – Responsible for auditing time entry for approximately 50 employees on a bi-monthly basis into the University’s work order tracking software (Maximo) to ensure all labor is properly billed.
- Provides administrative support to the following positions: Director of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the Environmental Compliance Manager; Manager, Administrative Services and construction supervisors.
- Provides Facilities Operations office support back up and other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the Department Office Support must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of three years of full-time, verifiable administrative support experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational and personal time management skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in an open office environment with considerable visitor and staff traffic, telephone conversations, and occasional radio communication.
- Previous experience in a service-related environment and/or construction field is a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations with internal customers: managers, shop supervisors, and trades and construction workers, as well as office staff from other departments.
- Computer literate and must possess solid proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook. Familiar with scheduling meetings through Zoom. Must have the ability to learn other software as needed. Report writing experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check and have a valid drivers license .
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW